Friday, April 16, 2010

Brussels!

Just a few pictures of our trip thus far.

Our flight was uneventful, which was a good thing. The kids slept pretty good and jet lag hasn't been bad at all. Yesterday Tommy slept from 8pm to 11am!! I'll take it. The kids have been happy enough to play at Grammie's house with all the "new" toys.

This is in front of the house Jake grew up in. The tree is in full bloom. We really lucked out, it's gorgeous!Every time we've come to Brussels and go to Kineopolis (the movie theater) we always regret not bringing our camera to take a picture of this, the Atomium. Well, we finally got it!Yesterday we took a little outing to Port de Hal. A Chateau/Park near downtown Brussels. It was funny to take the kids on the metro and then the park. A little foreshadow of our future. It was a challenge enough to make sure Rachel sat down before the train started moving again. Then, when we got to the park the kids run off into different directions. Rachel runs straight to the "castle" and Tommy heads to the truck with the lawn mower. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage.
They had a rather amazing playground...

6 comments:

Colie said...

I want to go to that playground ... it looks cool!

Melissa said...

Wow, it looks gorgeous there! So jealous...

That playground is really cool and I am sure the kids enjoyed it. I think you need to bring me back some belgium chocolate!!! :)

And yes, managing 2 little ones is enough in a big city I am sure, but I will say, 3 little ones is tricky. Luckily Rachel is such a great listener, a big helper so you are in good hands.

Enjoy your fantastic vacation!

La said...

Fun. Yeah, that three kid thing is a trick.

Tom and Kari Lane said...

Ah...I am jealous. That castle looks pretty cool.

Heidi said...

That playground rocks! I love your baby bump. It's really not fair how teeny-tiny you stay!

Herways Go West said...

Good thing the playground was free...Port de Hal is 10 euros. be warned future visitors, right???
Glad you had a fun afternoon there.

Blog Archive

Contributors