Saturday, November 28, 2009

Our week with Grandpa

Enjoying the beautiful weather
I love how my dad's camera captures the leaves in the air
Starting to feel a little sick
A Tommy face
We went down south to spend a day in CharlestonFort Sumter
Of all the times we've gone, we missed the famous "Rainbow Row" every time. I'm not sure how.
Since when did he turn 13?
It's always great to have my dad around, we're able to get a lot of projects done. And yes that is Rachel with a paint brush. I may be a little too trusting of my 4 year old, but if they ask to help, I try not to refuse. Even if it means puddles on the kitchen floor, streaks on the windows and mirrors, or a little paint on the carpet.We had a very low key Thanksgiving this year. We were going to get together with some friends but with how sick we all were we stayed home. We gave my friend Amber the turkey and she came back with an entire spread to feed us for days. She went above and beyond her visiting teaching duties. We were all extremely touched by her generosity.

My dad had planned to fly out that morning but changed his flight to stay the day with us. I'm so glad he did. This is the boys enjoying some football.Just a cute oneAll growing up we had a tradition at Grandma's house, after our Thanksgiving meal and some games we would march around the house following my Grandpa to find the bag of Christmas ornaments. We each received our own Hallmark ornament. My Grandma continues the tradition and my mom adds to it. The kids loved opening theirs
What we're thankful for this year:
Rachel- food, Father in Heaven, flowers, princesses, family, house, grandparents, pie, her brother, Thanksgiving day, candy, Mommy
Jake- that he has a job, a healthy family (I had to laugh, but it's true that overall we are), where we live, and milkshakes (according to Rachel)
Me- Good friends and visiting teachers, stinking cute kids, a great husband, family far and wide, the gospel
Tommy- the zucchini bread Amber made, cookies, balls and vroom vrooms

9 comments:

La said...

I bought a water color of rainbow row while I was in Charleston. I love it. Next time you go you guys should take the ghost tour. It is kinda fun but not really appropriate for kids.
Your Dad is a super good photographer. Wow. I am sorry to hear you all were sick. Two years ago we had half our family throwing up on Thanksgiving. Not my favorite year.

Herways Go West said...

I agree with Lara. Your Dad is a super photographer. He always catches some of the best expressions. Sorry you were sick. Better now though? Was Jake not thankful for anything??? just kidding. Did he pull off getting to work from 'home'?

Herways Go West said...

oh whoops. I misread the post...I thought it was Rach being thankful for 'Jake' not that it was what Jake was thankful for....
And b/c you can't fix what you type, you get another comment!

Herways Go West said...

One more: Tommy on the phone. WOW! Love it!

Amy said...

So cute! Love you guys.

nd said...

love your pics. they were so cute!

rach said...

Oh your kids are so cute! Those leaves are awesome!!!!! I need to see u guys!!!

Heidi said...

Cut pictures! What a nice mom to let Rachel help, even if it ends up being more work for you in the end.

Colie said...

I'm going to have to be really creative and agree with what everyone else is saying because honestly those photos are amazing! I love how playful your kids are. They have great imaginations and are just as you said - stinkin' cute!

Blog Archive

Contributors