Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween pictures

I lost my cord that transfers pictures to my computer. I bought a USB thing and it turns out it is not compatible with my memory stick. I went to CVS and got these photos put on cd, but my video clips are still stuck on my camera. Any ideas?

Anyway, October/Halloween seeemed to happen in a blink of the eye. Last Wednesday we went to a local farm/pumpkin patch. I'm not sure if it was because it was so hot, or if those wagons were just too darn frustrating for him but Mr. Grumps went crazy ornery. It was driving me crazy!It didn't affect Rachel though, she was having a blast
I can't believe I even got this shot. Rare for them to be so nice to each other, especially for the mood he was in.
As soon as we switched activities and went to pet the animals he was better and in the corn maze he was finally happy.
On Thursday we had our Preschool Halloween party/parade (plus older siblings and neighbors)
Ward Trunk-or-Treat. Fun fun night- chili cookoff (I won the award for the spiciest :), games and lots of candy.

I just love this picture
Halloween shirts.
We were lucky to have Grandma in town to enjoy all the Halloween festivities with us while Jake was in Durham.
He made it back just in time for the big day.
A beautiful day to carve pumpkins outside.
We went to a friends neighborhood to do a parade and a little trick-or-treating. We missed the parade but I was still so glad we went. These three girls were so giddy and I had the best time watching them run, giggle, and squeal.
The Wizard of Oz crew. I was supposed to come up with a costume for Jake but I completely forgot. About 10 minutes before we were suppose to leave for the neighborhood parade I mentioned how I felt bad because Rachel was expecting him to be the Tin Man. As we were leaving, Jake had found a cardboard box and funnel and then we stopped by Lowes for some spray paint, and there you have it...a father's love for his daughter.
This picture is blurry because of the thick fog we had Halloween night. It was raining hard as soon as it got dark, and I thought trick-or-treating was at a loss this year. Luckily it stopped and we enjoyed a fun "spooky" night. Rachel's basket was full to the top and we have enough candy to last us till next Halloween.

13 comments:

Kristen said...

Love the pics and the effort Jake went to for his costume. Gotta love Daddy's and their daughters.

La said...

Jake is a way cute tin man. And you so are not a wicked witch. You don't have a bad bone in your body. The kids look great. Rach is a darling Dorothy and I want to snuggle that little lion. Cute.

Katie said...

Cute pictures!!! I love your costumes this year. Jake should have come as a tin man to the HP party! :) I'm sure we could have worked it into the theme. What kind of camera do you have? If it is a canon, I may have an extra cord you can have or borrow.

Herways Go West said...

Couple of things:
Rach looks grown up! What???
And the two together in adoration, you are right...how did you ever catch that on camera!
And the one of Tommy in his lion outfit all by himself, just above the one of you and the kids and your mom....It's Jake reincarnated!

Melissa said...

That stinks you lost your cord. I bet if you look in the owners manual you can find a phone number and get a replacement. I am sure you aren't the first to have done that before.

Love all the halloween pictures. Your kids were darling and Jake makes a good Tin Man!

Anonymous said...

Did you check to see if your cord was in the garbage, I hear that's where Tommy likes to put things. Rachel and Tommy are so stinkin cute that I just want to squish them. Oh I can't wait until Christmas!

natalie said...

Oh "crazy ornery" is the perfect way to describe it. It is frustrating but I think they are more frustrated than we are. haha.

Such cute pics of your kids! I love that your family dressed up with a them. how fun. I'm so proud of jake for coming up with a great last minute costume.

Amy said...

Rachel is so funny. All these photos of her made me laugh. She is such a funny girl. And Tommy is adorable as a little lion. You guys are great and we sure miss you!

AM said...

i love the family themed costumes! and you are right that picture over the pumkin is a darling catch!

Heidi said...

Cutest Lion and Dorothy ever. Jake's costume is pretty great too! Especially for being thrown together at the last minute.

Brittany said...

So fun! I bet mom loved being there for all of this. Can't wait to see you all for Christmas. Love you all!

Colie said...

I love the family costume theme, especially knowing of the family love for "Wicked" - the question is: are you really the "good" one?

Maria said...

You are great with costumes. And we (meaning I) lost our cord and I had to order one online that works for it. It took a little searching, but it only cost like $10. Good luck!

Blog Archive

Contributors