Sunday, August 30, 2009

Random

We made sugar cookies for Daddy to welcome him home from a week up at schoolSay cheese!
Glamour Girl
My Swiffer ManBaking Banana Bread
This little guy has been into some trouble this week. Toys down the air vent and toys in the toilet bowl. One of his footballs absorbed a little too much for my comfort and I had to throw it out. This 50 cent ball from the grocery store was a good replacement. He LOVES it.
This fall me and a few other moms are doing a preschool co-op. Each of us are taking a week (Tuesday and Thursday) and doing a theme each day. We have a schedule of Circle/Calendar time, Arts and Crafts, Snack, Play Time and a little time to do whatever we want. I'm going to do dance coordinated with the theme. And then of course lunch. Rachel has been asking if "today is preschool" for months now. She is SO excited and more than ready for it.
We had our "Orientation" this Friday. We taught a couple songs, decorated their school bags, etc. Tuesday we officially start at my house with an "All About Me" theme. I'm really excited about it.
This morning Rachel saw the newspaper on the driveway, ran to get dressed and headed out the door at 8am to get it and the mail. I thought it was super cute.
Jake and I at different times this week noticed how big Rachel is getting. She's getting so tall I honestly can't believe it. Pretty soon here I'm going to have a 4 year old. Crazy!

5 comments:

Maria said...

Wow, a four year old... you are getting so old! She does look so much bigger and older.

I love how Jake and Tommy match in the say cheese picture. It must be good to have a husband around again.

La said...

Rache is getting way big. I love the first bug eyed picture. What a doll-face. And Tommy pushing around his ball in a stroller. LOL. That kid is cute.

Herways Go West said...

I love how kids are so anxious for school. And it really is great fun...until when? Is it about 4th grade or so???? Guess it depends on the kid.

Eryn said...

Hey Mel,

Your preschool sounds fun. Grant is loving preschool too. His is Tues. Thurs. too and from Thurs. to Tues. is too long for him to wait. He is always asking on Saturday for it and he has to wait a few days. I want to call and catch up sometime. I can't believe how big Tommy is.

natalie said...

Oooohh.. Your kids are SO CUTE!!!! I just want to hug them and squeeze them. Not too long... I wonder if they will let me?
Isabel doesn't really let me so I don't know why anyone else's kids would. haha.
I would really like to hear updates on how preschool goes for you guys. how rachel likes it and what you are doing. I am doing one with Bryn. Today was the first day and I think we could use some pointers. :)

Blog Archive

Contributors