Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September

Yesterday, the first of September, was the start of two things. Preschool and cooler weather. Preschool went really well. Our theme of the day was "All About Me." We talked about how we are the same (body parts) and how we are different and special (hair color, eye color, favorites, etc.) I read some cute books, one being "I Like Myself." I got it from the library but I may have to purchase a copy, it's so cute. We made "All About Me" books, had snacks, playtime, and "dance class." We danced with all different body parts to "What a Miracle I Am." The day could not have gone smoother, I was really pleased (except my own child needed a couple time outs). My favorite part of the morning was lunch time and hearing the conversation they had between themselves. "Oops I spilled, sorry, it was an accident" "That's a beautiful shirt Ellie" "Rachel, are those cucumber or zucchinis?" "Do you like zucchini?" "Will you please share your banana with me?" "Sure" "Can I have some too?" "Just one bite okay?" "What color lunchbox do you have Dylan?"...aren't they the cutest! One of the girls started to cry when her mom came to pick her up. I'm so happy they had fun, hopefully they learned a little something too :)
It may be all in my head, but as soon as September hit the temperatures and humidity dropped. We've spent more hours outdoors in the past couple of days than we did in the whole month of August. I'm loving it! Now those pesky mosquitoes just need to go away.

Unfortunately, as we have gone outside, bugs have found residence inside. Cockroaches, grasshoppers, spiders. I'm not kidding. We have had more than I can handle just in the past couple of days. I almost can't sleep at night.

6 comments:

La said...

1. I love Rach running down the driveway. That is the cutest picture.

2. Hurray for preschool exchange!

3. I love the book, "I like Myself". I always tease my kids about purple pock-a-dotted lips or and Hippo Hips. :)

4. Fall is always welcomed. It never come to soon. I wish winter was that way.

5. Bugs. Yuck. You should hire Zaner. He never met a bug he would catch.

Kristen said...

Look at you go girl! I'm so impressed with the preschool thing. I'm so sorry about all the bugs. I'm with you, I totally wouldn't be able to sleep.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, you are amazing!!! Can I just tell you how great you are, pre-school! Well when I have kids they are coming your way :)

Amy said...

The preschool looks great. I hope that when I grow up I can be as good as a mom as you are :o)! See you in a like 10 days!

natalie said...

Loved the preschool update! You had some fun ideas. I will have to check out that book.
Sorry about the bugs. That is gross. If it makes you feel better, Bryn found a scorpion in our living room last week. :(

natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Archive

Contributors