Saturday, October 18, 2008

STREE YEARS OLD

Rachel was really excited to have "two" birthdays this year. She had a princess party in Utah with her grandparents, aunts and uncles. The first present she opened was her princess dress, to which she said, "I found it!" She knew she was going to be Cinderella for Halloween and has been waiting so patiently for it. When she puts the dress on, it literally transforms her. It makes us laugh so hard. She gets this quiet voice and she likes to put her shoulder up and close her eyes half way. She's crazy.

Her favorite thing to do is bake birthday cakes, and this is her watching it.We went to Red Robin for dinner on her birthday. After we asked for the check we heard clapping from across the room. Rachel joined in when she first heard it, before she even knew it was for her. She was bouncing up and down on the seat, clapping, with the biggest grin on her face. It was too cute it brought me to tears. I'm so sad I didn't get it on film.









It's probably oversaid, but I really can't believe I have a 3 year old. I honestly never want to send her to school, I enjoy spending the days with her doing puzzles, painting, coloring, doing crafts, baking. Life just doesn't get any better.

Jake likes to ask her all her favorites, here is what she said on her birthday:
Color: BYU
Letter: T
Number: J
To Live: Charlotte
To Do: Utah
Friend: Andrew
City: Mickey Mouse
Store: Grocery Store

9 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like she had a great time turning "stree". She is so adorable! Hope you guys are doing well - we sure miss you.
-Andy & Mindy

Heidi said...

Is she watching her cake bake? That is so cute! Happy Birthday Rachie!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! How precious that she's watching her cake bake. I LOVE your Halloween display, so much fun! Hope all is well!

Herways Go West said...

Watching her cake bake??? It's priceless. Don't let her ever, ever change!

Eryn said...

Wow! She's 3!! Can you believe your baby is 3!! Is she all about big girl this and big girl that. When Grant turned 3 and we explained that he wasn't 2 anymore, he really go into big boy stuff.

AM said...

how long are you in boston? we are here so give us a call!!!!

w and w said...

That's crazy! How'd she get that old?
She is sure adorable. And I love the shot of Jake with the blindfold. He must love having more than one princess!

Anonymous said...

I loved her list of favorite things. I can't think about how old she and Tommy are going to be the next time I see them. I keep thinking about Rachel and Bode's interactions with each other the day you left, it kills me.

The Duckworth Family said...

I cherish your comment not wanting to send her to school becuase I feel the same way! Except mine is about to be five and should be in school! Everybody keeps naggin about why I dont put her in preschool, but I do preschool here at home and we have so much fun together! Kindergarten here in full day and I just can't imagine having my little best friend away from me that long! Shejust might have to wait until first grade! Plus then what would Kyson doint without his play mate!? Love it while you got it!

Blog Archive

Contributors