Thursday, February 21, 2008

Updates

So, for those wondering...two months left of pregnancy and I'm feeling great! My biggest complaint would probably be heartburn. And maybe how big I am. I had one lady say to me, "you look ready!" and another lady say, "are you sure there's only one in there?" This kid still has at least another 3-4 pounds to gain! But in all honesty I have a lot to be grateful for. There are still mornings when I feel a little anemic even with taking an iron supplement but it's been so much better than last time. The little guy (no name yet...we'll let you know as soon as we decide) is very active. I started feeling him kick at 14 weeks and he hasn't stopped since. I feel him morning, noon, and night, even during the middle of the night. I feel him when I'm standing, walking, eating, he never stops. It makes me wonder if he ever sleeps...uh oh!

The other news is that we're headed up to Durham tonight for Jake's MBA interview tomorrow. We really feel like it would be good timing if he did this program this year, so wish us luck!!

12 comments:

La said...

An active little baby boy we wouldn't expect anything else. I can't wait to meet him.
Best of luck to Jake for his interview. He will be in our thoughts and prayers.

kenders said...

Wow! What an active baby! I'm glad it's overall much better this time around.

And that's exciting about Jake's interview. Good luck! And let us know how it goes.

Jenae said...

Good luck w/ the interview Jake! Melanie, I can't believe you're that far along already, it is the most comforting thing to feel your baby move.

Jess and Matt said...

Kaden was SUPER active when I was pregnant...and he's still that way! He is such a good boy, but ALWAYS moving. It's so much fun, but it takes a lot of running around! You are a great mom, and your little guy is going to be so happy with you guys. Good luck to Jake, that is so exciting!

Herways Go West said...

Maybe baby boy is so active now, that by the time he enters the world he'll be exhausted and want some real sleep time. Glad he is so healthy and that your pregnancy has gone so well. And you look darling. I wish you were having twins!
Good luck JAKE!!!

Colie said...

He'll be a good buddy for Rache then. They can sing, dance, and read all day long.
Good luck in Durham - Jake will knock their socks off! (figuratively speaking, of course)

Unknown said...

jake, melanie I try to send you an email to :jakeherway@wachovia.com but it doesn't work.do you change it ? have I made a mistake?
eric ( from france ) eric.chevalier.73@laposte.net
bye

Unknown said...

jake, melanie I try to send you an email to :jakeherway@wachovia.com but it doesn't work.do you change it ? have I made a mistake?
eric ( from france ) eric.chevalier.73@laposte.net
bye

rach said...

Mel I think you look amazing!!! Its so fun to see the videos of little Rach she is a doll! Love ya girly!Nic still has no idea im prego !

akdoxey said...

You look so cute. I remember when we moved in I was that lady that asked if you were ready and you still had another month. Sorry. I got it all the time and now that I've been pregnant I'll never ask that again. Good luck with the next couple months!

Ryan and Erin said...

You are not 5X bigger than me silly woman! Remember how you are only like 90 lbs. when you aren't prego? Plus I have a few inches in height to compensate! I think you are beautiful!

Kristen said...

So how did the interview go? Are you going to be a college wife again? I should just call you since I have so many questions!

Blog Archive

Contributors