Sunday, February 3, 2008

Braids and Elephants on Parade




It's been a pretty uneventful week this week. It started with Rachel and a cold and we're now all just getting over it. But last Sunday I did her hair in french braids and was so proud. She wouldn't really let me take a picture, as you can tell. We left early from church because she was sick and so nobody really got to see her either.
On Wednesday there was a circus parade uptown, if you could really call it that though. It ended up being only 2 minutes long with a row of elephants and a row of horses and ponies. Everyone was pretty disappointed. Some people showed up and waited an hour for it. We were all hoping to see tigers in cages and such, the whole Barnum Animal cracker style, you know. Rachel still enjoyed seeing the animals and taking the train though.

12 comments:

La said...

Cute. Good job on the braids. I need to learn how to do that. Yeah, we went and saw the elephants last spring and it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. However, I was the only one disappointed the kids loved it.

Kristen said...

Her hair is getting so long! Way to go on the braids. I hope Rach is feeling better. It stinks when they are sick.

kenders said...

That's too bad about the parade. :(

akdoxey said...

The braids are cute and I would have died to let Leah see the elephant parade. I can't wait to take her to a circus.

Colie said...

I remember when you put her hair in pig tails. She sat perfectly still for about a minute and then she was itching to move and explore. Off to the elephants! They look cool.

natalie said...

Wow. There really were elephants on parade. I thought is was going to be a game or something. Well that is still cool and something different to do.
Love the braids! I don't know how. :(

Herways Go West said...

I like the picture with her hand in the middle, "do not take my picture!"
How about an update on the growing boy???

Nate and Eryn said...

Hey Mel, I'm glad y'all are feeling better and I was surprised to see they were real elephants too. I need to call you to get some blogging tips, like how do I respond to comments you and others leave on my blog?

rach said...

Ok sshe is so stinkin cute! Wow it was so fun to see you guys we need to get caught up soon little grass hopper!:)

Heidi said...

Great job on the braids! I LOVED french braids when I was little.

w and w said...

We would love to join you in NC.
Keep your fingers crossed. And by the way, love the braids, love your little Rachel like crazy,STILL, and we miss you too much!

Heidi said...

Hey Melanie! Talk about a blast from the past!! It's me, Heidi (Decker) from San Jose... I ran into Michelle Ogle and her mom last night and she told me you have a blog. Your family is adorable! Congrats on number two, how exciting! Well, I just thought I'd say hello, it's been a good 15 years or more, I'm sure!
Take care.
Heidi

Blog Archive

Contributors