Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Uncle Dan and Amy come to visit

On Valentine's Day Uncle Dan and Amy came to visit us here in Charlotte. They left yesterday and are already sorely missed!! Rachel has asked for them at least a dozen times since we dropped them off at the airport. We traveled down to Charleston, South Carolina for the weekend and visited Fort Sumter (where the Civil War began) and admired the beautiful southern homes and had some delicious BBQ. We actually did a lot of eating out while they were here. Rachel especially enjoyed having "chicken nuggets, french fries and lots and lots of ketchup" We also did a tour of NASCAR's Lowes Motor Speedway, where they took us around the track at 80 mph, which was a blast. (They typically go around 180 mph...I can't imagine!) I'm not sure what I'm going to do now without them. I don't know if I can live up to their creativity in all the songs they sang her and how well they played her little game of "what does _______ say?" Naming anything and everything she can think of. Top quality Uncle and Aunt if you ask me!! Rachel's one lucky girl. We all enjoyed having them here.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

So much fun! I can't believe how much Dan looks like your Dad! I love your cute maternity dresses too!

Dan G said...

YEAH! I'm famous!

Oh man, I miss you guys so much already. Rachel's face was so sad at the airport. You could tell she knew what was happening but didn't know what to do at the same time- I love that kiddo and LOVE being an uncle! Amy and I definitely need to make a music video of all the songs we sang so Rachel can remember us! Thanks again for everything- we had "lotsa lotsa fun"! Love ya sis!

La said...

What a great visit! Rachel is lucky indeed. Whenever we get the chance to visit I want to go to Charleston too. OH, and you look super cute. How are you feeling? You'll be a mother of two in no time.

Amy said...

oh...it is so sad to be home today. we just really were heartbroken to leave. and her sweet face at the airport made us melt. thanks again for everything. we had the best time. and hope another trip to charlotte is in our not too distant future. love to all!

Colie said...

I love the shot of the Royal Rachie being carried up the stairs by her humble servants (i.e. Uncle Dan and Daddy). That girl knows how to travel in style and is becoming quite the little southern belle. Ooo, I love your maternity dress too - darling, darling.

Herways Go West said...

Wait! Rach was barefoot in the fountain. Not fair. Remember it's February! Fabulous southern homes, great shot in that cool old tree. Glad you guys had so much fun. Sorry you had to say good-bye! Hopefully your guest room will be full again soon.

La said...

Love your new background!!! It looks great. Where did you get your little baby counter thing on top. My kids would love watching something like that?

Melanie Herway said...

I got the ticker on baby-gaga.com. Just put in the due date and copy the code. I saw it on a friends blog and thought it was really fun.

Nicole said...

I love it when family comes to visit. Annika is all about chicken nuggets right now too, except she calls them chicken "luggets". It is so dang cute! The things she says cracks me up all day long. You are looking fantastic!

Blog Archive

Contributors