Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Minnie Mickey Mouse

What a blast!!! I don't think Halloween could get more fun. It was a great day. We started off at a Halloween festival at the library with all kinds of games and treats. We watched Halloween cartoons during the day and even made a jack-o-latern pepporoni pizza for dinner. Our ward had a trunk-o- treat and my favorite part was how she took the costume march quite literally. Oh, and after every treat she would say "open it!" and she wouldn't budge to go to the next car until we did. Who knows how much chocolate and sweets got in that girl last night! There was nothing she didn't like either. The weather was beautiful and we spent an extra hour doing some houses on our street. She's stocked with candy for the next year. (Our neighborhood does not get very many trick or treaters...we were the only ones at some houses...and so they give you handfuls, and we didn't object :) She got really good at saying trick-or-treat and thank you. She really was having the time of her life, out of the blue in between houses she would just laugh hysterically. Really cute. And she loved her "Minnie Mickey Mouse" costume as she liked to call it. Although she gave quite a dramatic protest yesterday morning when I forced it on for the library (which could only be solved with a sugar cookie). But, last night she gave another good protest when we took it off to put her in her pjs. She even liked the gloves. She loved saying, "clap clap" or "come here." After we put her down, Jake and I didn't watch any scary movies or anything, we went straight to bed.

10 comments:

Kristen said...

Loved the marching. That is so darn cute. I must say I love Halloween so much more with Carter and that fact that it is nice and warm and you don't have to wear anything under the costume!

natalie said...

Halloween with Rachel sounds hilarious. You guys must have been laughing the entire day. So cute how giddy she got.
Love the costume. That is one dang cute minnie!

La said...

For cute!! I love her Minnie Costume. I will have to show this to Scarlet. She has a Minnie doll that she adores. I loved the video. Little Rach just marching to the beat of her own drum. How perfect!

Herways Go West said...

I even liked hearing your conversations with your friends. Cute picutres. Adorable minnie!

Amy said...

she is just like aunt amy who loves anything with sugar. oopsies. she is cuter than i could have imagined really.

Jenae said...

Man, Rachel is SO beautiful!!! Don't you love hearing that as parents, well it's true! She sure has grown since we last saw her!

Colie said...

What a cute lil' Minnie Mickey Mouse! She is so girl-y with her puffy dress and white gloves, and I LOVE how she marches in the parade. I'm still laughing while I write this!

Jill Lau said...

Rachel is such a cute little girl. I love the minnie mouse costume, how fun!

Kristen said...

So I just thought I would let you know, that rainbow closet thing, I had it too remember? And well, I still do it, Ryan thinks it is funny that he has to put things in a certain spot!

akdoxey said...

Rachel is too cute and sounds so fun! I love reading everything about her!

Blog Archive

Contributors