Friday, February 28, 2014

Utah

A visit home was long overdue.  It had been a year and a half since I was last in Utah and even then, it was just a couple of days.  So when a really good price for a direct flight popped up we just had to jump on it.  Plus, we originally had 3 days off of school, so I figured they wouldn't miss too much...except all those days became make up days.  Oh well.  Anyway, we had a fantastic time and fit a lot in.

My kids love the airport, the plane, flying...they love it all.  Especially when we get picked up by the little go cart.  Good thing too, our gate was like a mile away.  And I think it saved us when I hopped back on to go find my missing ID that I must have dropped at security.  (I can never fly without a good story).
 Lily's first time flying...thrilled right?
 First things first, a trip down to Provo to have lunch at Brick Oven with my Grandma. 
 A quick drive by our first apartment. 
And then to her house for cupcakes, which were amazing.  I'm craving them right now.
Fun in the playroom.  Brings back so many memories.

 The next day we took the kiddos skiing.  It started off really warm and then quickly cooled off, then started snowing and hailing, and the kids kept going.  They were blocking their faces from getting pricked on the way down and each run I thought for sure they would be done, but then they'd get back on the lift for another one.
First time for me to ski with Tommy.  I love that little dude!

Lily and Luke.  Baby Luke is my brother's new boy, he is just 2 months younger than Lily and SUCH a cutie!
Ha ha ha!!  Love this!
 Our trip overlapped with Pop and Grammie's trip by a couple of days and we were able to get a lot of the Herway family together on Valentines Day.  We called it "Herway Love Day" (Seth/Heidi Natalie/Noel we missed you!)
We spent the morning at Classic Skate.  A throw back to my past, it has been YEARS.  I went here for a lot for birthday parties, church activities, etc.  Still just as great as ever and much improved.  I wish I could say the same thing about my roller skating skills.

 Cousins!
 This is "Scaychel" Scarlet and Rachel.  They were having a blast together.
 They even put on an entire Frozen production with singing and dancing.  I loved it!
Saturday was a fun filled day with a trip to the zoo.
A monster truck show for the boys (Tommy was in heaven!  He LOVES monster trucks)
 And a Valentine party that night
Plinko with prizes to be won
Then, an Olympic party complete with bobsled races
And relay races...good times!!

 We went to the Ice Castle in Midway.  It may have been the fact that it was Presidents Day, Monday night/Family Home Evening, or the fact that it was the last night it was open, or all of it combined but it was BUSY!  We waited about an hour in line to get in and it was crowded inside.  But I really enjoyed it nonetheless.  It was really cool.

 And my kids got to meet Elsa and Anna, they really liked that.
 The last day we were able to go skiing.  It had been a couple of years for me...crazy!  It was such a beautiful day too.
And one last adventure, back up to Midway for some sledding.  Kate almost didn't go but ended up LOVING it.  She could have gone all night long.
A few more random shots...Rachel and Avery
Tommy and Jack had some good times together.  One of my favorites, when they rocketed stuffed animals off the air mattress.
Sophie and Kate spent hours playing princesses, and when they weren't playing them, they were watching the movies.

 Kate and Ellia.  So good to finally MEET this girl!  Such a cutie and ball full of fun.
So good to spend time with family, see some old friends, see my kids play with their cousins.  Such a great trip!  The nice weather was an added bonus too.  Everything was awesome! :)

2 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Love the shot in front of your first apartment. I can even see the "BYU" formation. You seriously fit in a ton for just one week. Impressive. Glad we could overlap. Next time I'll race you in skating...ha!

natalie said...

We wanted to go to the ice castles, but we missed it by a month. :(
My kids love flying/airports too! How did you get picked up by the cart? When I asked Isa what her favorite part of our last trip was, she said being on the plane!
Wish I could have been there for Herway love day.

Blog Archive

Contributors