Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Finishing up

Yikes!  I can't believe this was over a month ago.  I'm so behind!  Life has been crazy.  This particular week was one of the most INSANE weeks of my life.  Let's see...there was a dentist appointment, a doctor's appointment, 3 hours at the car shop for an oil change and to fix my sliding door, a school carnival, Rachel's class party that was changed last minute to indoors because of rain and I was in charge of planning the games and crafts, there was Tommy's preschool graduation, Rachel's dance rehearsal and recital, Tommy's last tee-ball game, and a birthday party.  It makes me tired just thinking about it again!

Tommy's Preschool Graduation.  He received the "Most Athletic" award.  It took us by surprise, Jake and I figured it was because of how much he loves to fall down.

Here's a little video of him singing "a tutti ta" song.  A little long, but man he is cute!


 I feel like I should get a reward too.  Driving him everyday was not my favorite thing.  It was only two hours and before most stores open, so it was a lot of driving back and forth and A LOT of traffic after dropping him off.  I'm SO SO glad it's done, but it was definitely worth saving hundreds of dollars on preschool.
 Hard to believe, but it was indeed chilly that day
 A couple of his teachers.  He did a program at the local high school.  I loved dropping him off in the morning and hearing all the high school kids greeting him.  They had so much energy and love for the kids.  We've seen a couple of them working at a restaurant and at the pool.  Tommy feels pretty cool knowing these "teenagers."
 Two of his good friends Ved and Smit
 Rachel's lyrical class.  Sadly, dance was not her favorite thing and we'll most likely not continue.  She seemed to have fun when she got there but getting her to go was always a struggle.  She would much rather play outside with her friends.

 Her dance "You Make Me Happy"


 She's adorable and did a fantastic job.  I love how she smiled through the whole thing. 
(Seriously Kate?)
 Tommy's tee-ball team.  Jake was not an official coach, but did do a lot of helping out.
 Tommy was definitely the youngest, and slowest on the team.  Luckily he did get a few balls on his last game.
 He REALLY loved tee-ball
Tommy was very good at bat.  The last game they took away the tee and did some pitching.  Tommy was able to hit a couple, I was pretty proud of him. 
 He was pretty stoked about his trophy
 Rachel felt very proud to be the one chosen to be carried at the end of her dance
 I sure love these kids!!!
 And on to summer!!  We've already made many visits to the pool
 This girl has so many facials

 We kicked off summer with a trip to the oldest drive-in in America to see Monsters Inc.  It was such a blast!!
 We even had a firework show next to it for a while
 Kate didn't quite make it to the end.
 And this is only the beginning. 

3 comments:

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

The life of a mom :) and you are an excellent one! Those will be some great memories! Love the pictures. My favorite is Kate behind Rachel with her silly face, miss her. I miss you all so much! Wish I was still there!

Amy said...

That sounds exhausting! I am already dreading driving Jack to & from preschool just 3 days a week. Can't imagine 5! Rachie is a good little dancer. And Tommy looks so grown up. Kate could not be funnier I think. So much personality! Is it possible that it has almost been a year since we last saw you? Makes me the saddest.

La said...

Wow. The end of year stuff is so exhausting. What amazing, adorable kids you have! I love Rachie's smile while dancing and Tommy's preschool program. When did these kids get huge?

Blog Archive

Contributors