Saturday, August 11, 2012

Our Olympics

We've been thoroughly enjoying the Olympics at our house and I have loved watching the gymnastics as always, and beach volleyball became a fast favorite as well.

Aunt Colie just came to visit us and we had a great time going to the beach, the pool, and the ice cream shop.  She is so fun with the kids and to prove it, she had this great idea to do our own Olympics for Family Home Evening.  It was cute to watch the kids get so excited about it.  They loved helping to make the medals and Rachel even practiced all the events and when it came time she said, "I'm so ready for this!" 

It was really really cute and I just had to share.  So if you have 6 minutes, enjoy!  If you don't, you just have to see the end.


7 comments:

La said...

That is a terrific video. I love it! Brauer and I watched all six minutes. Brauer says, "Oh I remember Tommy. I think he needs a brother. Wait is that baby a girl?" I am excited that Brauer and Tommy get to hang out soon!
I love Kate marching with the torch. And Rachie's awesome seriousness and theatrics.
You guys have a very cool family.

ACrop said...

This is great!! I was laughing throughout the entire thing

Herways Go West said...

Kate DID get an extra gold for that awesome singing at the end, right? I also love how she closes her eyes while marching. They are definitely olympians~

Amy said...

This really is so great! And Kate is hysterical. Oh my! Made me laugh lots. Can't wait to play soon.

Colie said...

haha I love Tommy's hurdle creativity, Kate's dancing with Jake & solo at the end of the Star Spangled Banner, and Rachie's heartfelt tribute to her country as she received her medals. I wonder if Olympians practice as much as Rachie did. :)

Maria said...

Best line: "This is what brothers do!" -Tommy :)

natalie said...

4hahaha. Kate at the end is adorable. And so is tommy's serious face. I want to eat him up!

Blog Archive

Contributors