Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dino-FOUR Tommy

My Tom Bom has turned four years old.  It was fun to have my dad here to celebrate it with us, and to have his help too.  He made the breakfast and the delicious cake.  When Tommy first told me he wanted a dinosaur birthday I thought seriously about trying to talk him out of it, but it turned out to be really fun...probably one of my favorites! 
Birthday breakfast!  His favorite...whip cream, with pancakes
I used to love these things when I was little
For his party we did a little "dino dig" at a nearby park with a sandpit.  I made "bones" from dinosaur molds and plaster of paris and buried them in the sand.  I also buried plastic eggs I got on clearance filled with goodies.  It was a BIG hit!

Volcano cupcakes...not sure what happened to the frosting
Dino tracks sugardoodles

Rachel had half day at school and we did a spur of the moment experiment

Daddy as the hit of the neighborhood


I love Kate in the background

Spice cake...MMMM!  And sugar cookie bones on top!
He got a play tent from Grandma and is loving it.  He can't wait to go real camping with Daddy tomorrow for Father and Sons.  Too bad we got rid of all our camping gear when we moved to NYC.
For those who want to know more about my fun-loving four year old:

·      He LOVES oatmeal and eats a lot of it!  He likes syrup or honey mixed into it
·      He can now buckle himself in his car seat…now if we could only get him to learn how to put on his shoes, we’d be set!
·      He’s recently become entranced and hooked on audio books in the car.
·      He LOVES his preschool thing.  
·      He requests a green smoothie for lunch everyday.
·      He LOVES to help me bake and cook in the kitchen!  Any time he sees me starting something he yells, “I wanna help” as he’s pushing the chair over to the counter. 
·      He’s an awesome helper at the grocery store…tells me what we need.  Our last trip he picked out pears, shrimp, and a baguette.  Supposedly his favorite food is fish.  (PS I don't know how because I don't cook it)
·      If we have an open day and I ask him what he wants to do that day it’s either the library, or the playground.  If we stay home, I’m lucky to get him out of his pjs by lunchtime.
·      He loves to tell a good story and is pretty dang good at it.
·      He rarely leaves my side…unless Rachel or Daddy are around. He LOVES his Daddy.  His new favorite game with him..."funny monsters" (being thrown around on our bed)
·      He’s awesome at sharing and is pretty good at saying sorry.
·      He’s at the height of the “why” stage.  Driving me nuts.
·      He is dramatic!  It usually has something to do with his bones being broken.  His “blood” also makes him do a lot of things he typically wouldn’t do.
·      He uses the letter g instead of d…”gestroy”, “gessert,” gelicious”…I love it!
·      He is a really great dishwasher loader.  He'll happily do it every night.  I actually think he really likes it.
·      He really likes his treats, a new favorite…speculos spread
·      He always has to make one curtain call before going to bed.
·      He has the cutest excited run.
    He is obsessed with treasure hunts!




7 comments:

La said...

Aw.... Happy Birthday Tommy!!! We love you. Lots.

Heidi said...

What a cute birthday...and for such a cute boy!! I'm sad we don't get to see more of you guys!!!

Amy said...

Oh the "why" stage...isn't it fabulous! Some days I just can't take it! That looks such a fun birthday! Jack is really in a dinosaur phase right now. Might have to steal your whole birthday party idea! Tommy is so sweet. What a fun boy!

Herways Go West said...

You pull off amazing birthday parties. I bet all the moms are jealous! What great ideas you have....
Happy Birthday to Tom. Can't believe he is four. I love the update on him....you have him down to a fine art.

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

What a great birthday for Tommy! You are a wonderful mom! Love that boy.

Mrs. Forrest said...

Happy Birthday to Tommy! I miss that kid.

Colie said...

I love TomTom's excited run. Does TomTom want to come help me cook? I could use a good helper.
Happy Birthday, Tommy!
PS, Mel, rockin' awesome job on the treats. Dino cake, volcano cupcakes? So cool!

Blog Archive

Contributors