Sunday, March 25, 2012

Roadtrip to DC

We've been wanting to visit DC for a while and I had heard about the cherry blossoms so we waited and found a weekend that worked perfectly.They were in full bloom and so beautiful!!Picnic lunch
It was amazingly hard to get this picture! It wasn't necessarily the kids not cooperating, but the photographers. Every time, every person seemed to cover the monument with our heads. We even tried kneeling down and that didn't even work.
It may have been only 80 degrees but it felt HOT! We were grateful we brought along our stroller and scooters. We felt like a real city family.
Gorgeous dayI tried to explain to Rachel how cool it was for her to do things like this that I could only read about when I was in school. She liked that.This next series of pictures really make me smile. We may have made a little bit of a scene.

The reflecting pool is under construction...sad.
TommyShe's actually pretty goodThe White HouseNo family trip is complete without a visit to the hotel pool, right? We got an amazing priceline deal on a hotel just a few blocks away from it all.
Seriously, photographers...you couldn't get the whole capital building?
Saturday was rainy and COLD. We spent it indoors at the Air and Space museum and the natural history museum. Not many pictures...maybe my allergy attack, laziness, dead battery, who knows.
A butterfly landed on Rachel's head, and one landed on Tommy's shoulder. He was so happy that he had nectar on his shoulder.
We made it in 3 hours there, 5 on the way back. Blah! We avoid the fast food chains, but we still had some awful awful food. Is there any trick to getting quality food while traveling? I'd really like to know! Otherwise it was a fabulous vacation. I love spending time with my family.

7 comments:

La said...

I LOVE D.C. I really would love to take my kids there. I keeping thinking that Rehoboth beach will work out and we could swing a D.C. trip. Hmmm. . . I hope it actually does. Anyway! I love the pics, namely: the butterfly, Kate on a scooter, Tommy and Kate as best friends, and the family picture in front of the Capital. Very cool!

Herways Go West said...

Brings back so many memories. I'll have to dig up the photo of Jake and Matt Semler climbing the blossomed trees....and now he brought his family back. Oh man.
It really doesn't seem all that long ago. I love the mall area as well. Such a perfect day you had.

Heidi said...

So fun! Loved all the pictures. I had to laugh at Tommy's backwards pants. Too cute!

Amy said...

I dream of taking Dan to DC. It is my favorite place. And add the cherry blossoms and it really is so beautiful. Glad you finally got the family shot you wanted!

natalie said...

Love it! I was just talking to Noel the other day about how whenever we go to D.C it needs to be at this time of year because of the cherry blossoms. Beautiful!
I am glad I'm not the only one that gets annoyed at how badly strangers take pictures. :) My trick is to look for people with an SLR. They tend to care a little more than the average person.

Colie said...

So pretty!!! I love the butterfly picture. You can tell Rachie is just loving it.

Rachel said...

What a great trip! Oh, my goodness, we miss you all!

Blog Archive

Contributors