Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Leprechaun

St. Patrick's "Preschool" at our house. They loved their rainbow kites.The day before St. Patrick's day the kids spent all afternoon working on a little house for the leprechaun. You can see it is even complete with a green pool for him. I later found a couple notes Rachel had written to him. They got a little ruined from water but here is what they said:
"Dear leperchaun,
Please do not lie to me. I Belive in you. I want to Be friend with you. I will Be nice to you. I hope you'r nice. Do you want to Be friend with me?
You'r secret Admiyr,
Rachel"
"Me (Rachel) and Alai (my friend) want to know if you'r true. Send a note Back to us, Please. We are Amarican not Irash. I Think you are real. I love St. Patricks Day, do you? I hope so I think you are a nice man. love, Rachel
can we Please Get you'r Gold if you say no I'll follow the rainbow"
Cute right? I usually do green food for the holiday, I've never mentioned anything about any leprechauns...so I had to oblige. They struck gold!
This little girl knows the sound of the treat jar. Can you resist? I cannot.
Green lunch. Tommy was super proud. He helped pick out most of it at the grocery store. Green smoothies are Tommy's favorite lunch request. We have them almost every day.Monet family art day tooJust a few days later Rachel came off the bus SO excited to show me that she found a four leaf clover. I was amazed. I didn't know they actually existed. I've never been able to find one myself.I love having chances to celebrate and I love how my kids get so excited about it.

(Can anyone tell me is there an easy way to get the blasted date off these pictures? I didn't realize that it was doing that. My kids must have been playing with my camera. I can't get me flash to work either.)

4 comments:

Herways Go West said...

That is the cutest note to Mr. Leprechaun. Cutest ever! Our Grand Place was all lit up green, but that 's about as green as we got that day. You live it up much better.

Heidi said...

St. Patrick's Day was the day of Taft's bday party so we didn't even acknowledge the day of green. (didn't want to take away from Taft's special day) Next year I think we need to do green food all day!

Amy said...

Rachel is so wonderful! I love her imagination and that she is so concerned about the leprechauns reality. Love it. You are such a great mom at making everything fun for your kiddos.

Colie said...

A 4 leaf clover?! I never knew they existed either. Good find, Rachie!
Also, love Miss Kate's face in the treat pic. Priceless.

Blog Archive

Contributors