Sunday, March 11, 2012

18 months old

My baby is fitting in with the big kids nowand taking care of her own babies




I guess she's not my "baby" any more. It seems like she's changing and growing up more and more each day. Although she's become quite a bit crankier lately, she's still the sunshine of my life.

Oh how I love her...let me count the ways...
  1. She's recently learned the word "no" and will sometimes shake her head and little finger too. It's so high pitched and so cute
  2. Whenever she sees the kids getting a treat she will stand and hold her little hands, palms up together, waiting to get her share...can we resist?
  3. She's easily offended
  4. She'll say "where are you?" when she's looking for you, although it sounds more like "ere a oo"
  5. Sometimes we'll get a good pucker when we ask for a kiss and more often than not, it's a snotty one
  6. She loves building towers with blocks and reading her books
  7. She's really good with puzzles
  8. I love when she tries to sing along to the music in the car
  9. She knows how to use an iphone
  10. Some of her "words" are: hi, hello, bye, uh-oh, gone, cheese, peek-a-boo, go?, Daddy, Mommy, baby, banana, one, two
  11. She'll pull her little hand up in her sleeve to trick us that she has lost her hand
  12. She can give pretty good tickles
  13. Has a funny fascination with the fire alarm
  14. She puts her garbage where it belongs
  15. She knows everyone's shoes and will bring them to everybody as a nice little hint
  16. She can even open the front door...dangerous right?
  17. She blows kisses to her daddy every morning when he leaves for work, or anytime she finds a purse or backpack.
  18. She's so cute...I love her big belly, her baby cheeks, her cheesy smile...and did you notice that hair?! Yea, she actually has some.

7 comments:

La said...

Kate has the best smile. I just love her.

Amy said...

So cute! She does look older even since Christmas. It is a fun stage watching them learn new things and words everyday. Sophie also loves shoes and brings them to everyone as well. Her way of saying let's go do something already!

Melissa said...

Nat has that same baby doll she got for Christmas... so cute. I can't believe I have never met miss Kate yet... can you believe that?

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

oh my goodness she is growing up too fast! She is so cute. She has the Grossen smile. Love you all! Hope to see you soon.

Heidi said...

I love her! Sadly, I've only seen her once!!! Last year in Driggs was the only time I got to be around that cute girl. Her smile is the best.

Herways Go West said...

Hair! Yea! Can't wait to get to know her again. I guess claiming her as a 'baby' for the hotel at the beach might be stretching it....yikes!

Colie said...

So cute. I can't wait to come snuggle that girl in August - ah, so far away still but it'll come!

Blog Archive

Contributors