Thursday, May 5, 2011

Riding Bikes

Tommy got a new bike for his birthday. He got the hang of it really fast. It helps to have a nice flat, carless place to ride. He now wants to ride his bike everyday. Yesterday it rained and it was absolutely torturous!That first day out on our bikes Rachel was cruising with her training wheels. I knew this summer we were going to teach her to ride on two wheels. I was telling Jake about one of Rachel's classmates and the unique way his dad taught him. That night Jake took off her training wheels. We went out the next evening...

A little demonstration...A little push...A little practice balancing with the feet...and VOILA...

within an hour she was doing it! I couldn't believe it.

Riding off into the sunset
I'm so proud of my kids!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Way to go Rachel! The victory dance is my favorite part!

La said...

Hip Hip Hurray!!! I too love the victory dance. That is super cute.

Herways Go West said...

Victory dance was super....and she did a great job. Proud of that kid!

rach said...

Ok now that's dang cute!!! Your kids are so cute Mel!!!!

natalie said...

haha. So cute how proud rachel is of herself. I can't believe it only took 1 hr!

Amy said...

Way to go Rachie! So great.

Colie said...

Football players should adopt the Rachie Victory Dance. They'll get more sponsors. :)
Way to go Rach!
(PS-Jake, you should have be an acrobat part-time. You've got some skills on that little bike!)

Blog Archive

Contributors