Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grandpa time

It's been great having visitors. We sure had a lot of fun with my dad in town.We've had a lot of excitement around our neighborhood these past couple weeks...my dad and I took a walk one night and noticed the lights on the world trade center tower (I think it's only about half way done, it's going to be huge)
The family on the subway
The Intrepid. And AWESOME museum! Great for all ages. Amazing stuff and amazing history!


The "Iron Eagle" plane

Steering the big ol' ship
Coming back from the moon
Sketching. I just love it!
Tom Bom's Mother's Day gift (he NEVER does this)

Big Piano at FAO
Central Park
We had no plans of doing the carousel, but we happened to run into it and made it on for the last round of the day. It's been on my list of things to do but last summer I got lost trying to find it in extreme heat and it ended up being closed. So I haven't been motivated to try again. I'm really happy this worked out. The kids had a great time, even Kate loved waving to Grandpa


On top of the Met. My favorite part of this little outing was that Tommy fell asleep on the subway and slept for 3 hours. He woke up on the way back to the subway. We asked him what his favorite part of the museum was..."the dinosaurs!"
We got lots of outside time last week with some spectacular weather. This playground is definitely a favorite this season. It's also on the way home from school, so there's always a few of Rachel's friends there. But both kids love climbing this spider web thing.Not sure what this turny thing is called but it also provides hours of fun.
A daddy daughter date to a Yankees game. We sprinted from wall street to the seaport and missed the free ferry. We grabbed a cab to catch it at the next dock. We missed some good views of the city but definitely a fun way to get to the game.
The Fire Museum

7 comments:

Amy said...

It all looks so fun. I know New York has been hard at times, but in some ways it has to be the most awesome place to be. We sure miss you all.

La said...

I love the Daddy/Daughter picture at the game. You guys are so cute. I can't quite believe how big your kids look. I swear I just saw you guys but everyone of them looks so much bigger!

rach said...

Yea!!! We love your dad! Such fun little adventures you are able to do! I as well loved that picture of Rachel drawing and tommy sleeping ha ha!

Herways Go West said...

Super Tom Cat....has to be a classic. Looks like Spring finally has arrived in your area, and that you are taking full advantage! Nice your Dad could pop in while your husband had some free time :) Oh, and the Daddy/daughter date, I'm jealous. (just cuz it would be fun to have a mother/son date!)

Anna-Lisa said...

I love seeing all the pictures Mel. Once it warms up - I'm sure you enjoy NY a little but more right?

natalie said...

So fun! I wish we could come visit.

Mary Jane said...

What a fun adventure for you to be in New York! I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Yankee Stadium! What a fun Daddy-Daughter Date! Your kids are so cute. They so much personality that comes out in your fun pictures.

Blog Archive

Contributors