Monday, August 30, 2010

Still waiting

Kate is LATE! So, while we wait...
we'll play with Grandma. She flew in Saturday morning, we went and had lunch at the "famous" Shake Shak. It's been on our to do list and we are happy to say it exceeded expectations. We've heard about long lines and good food, but there was no line and great food! Better than five guys and rivals with In-N-Out. Especially since they have some amazing shakes and custards.
It kept the kids quiet :)
Then we went and did the ferris wheel at Toys R Us, which was a huge hit!Going up
Tommy was completely enthralled with this moving dinosaur!
Rachel wanted to spend her money (the 70 cents in coins we've collected on the New York streets) and out of all the toys and candies she decided to get a "journal." The entire thing was filled with doodles by the end of the day.
We also did some shopping on 5th Avenue, grocery shopping and dinner at a Thai restaurant. You'd think that all the walking, the spicy curry, the bumpy bus rides, maybe even the foot massage Jake gave me last night would have put me in labor by now. I really didn't think I would last this long, neither did my doctor. URGHHH...the anticipation and waiting is torturous!!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

So cute! Rachel crossing her legs in the stroller. What a little lady! I am glad you are keeping yourself busy. At least then you aren't thinking about when it will happen. But we are pretty excited to get a phone call sometime soon!

Heidi said...

I know how you feel!!! We ate Italian and watched Slumdog Millionaire the night I went into labor. Try that! ;) I hope she comes today!

Melissa said...

Tick-tock-tick-tock!

Love the name! It would be crazy if you end up having a September baby!

La said...

I am crossing my fingers for you guys. I hope Kate comes soon I can't wait to see her cute face.

Herways Go West said...

Come on Kate! It's no fun waiting but it looks like you are managing anyway. I love Rach writing in her journal. What a studious kid!

Colie said...

I love Tommy's brown brown eyes & Rachie's femininity. I totally understand Kate - sometimes you just want to stay nice & cozy. But still. Seriously Kate. We all want you to come!

natalie said...

First of all, no one told me her name was Kate!!! I LOVE it. So so cute. Can't wait to meet her. I expect a call when you go into labor (or text if it's late).
I like the pic of tommy keeping quiet. heehee.
Oh my gosh. Rachel & Bryn must be two peas in a pod. That is def something B would choose.

Tom and Kari Lane said...

Good luck! I love the name Kate. Hope she comes soon.

Blog Archive

Contributors