Monday, August 9, 2010

Looking brighter

Although...early last week we had more stress with the closing on our house. We wired money that we owe on the house and it got sent back to us last minute. Then, they didn't believe our "power of attourney" was the original. I tried over-nighting what I thought might be it, but we ended up having to get a new one done and then sent that overnight as well. But it's all done now. No more headaches! And I really am grateful that we were at least able to sell it.

My doctor's appointment was painless and done in 5 minutes. Tommy did great in swimming lessons ;) and we finally got our phone situation figured out...so now we can settle down...at least for the next 3 weeks :)

Here are just some random pictures of the last few days:

Waiting for the bus, which we tend to do often, and often it is not on timeEnjoying the shade and the breeze off the river. It has still been unbearably hot here! Rachel drew a bunch of signs she sees around New York City...stop, go, no smoking, no dogs. She was telling all the dogs who passed by, "hey, no dogs allowed!"
This weekend we got together with "Charlotte" friends. The Miles came down for the weekend from Boston and we met up with the Laymans who live on the Upper East Side. Great fun!

And today is laundry day! It's a bit overwhelming...when you do it once a week. I don't know if you can tell but the entire double stroller is filled with dirty clothes. 5 loads wash, 3 loads dry = $16. Can you believe it?! At least it's all done in 2 hours. I just can't imagine what a newborn is going to add to all this.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Is your laundromat in your building? Ugh. That does not look fun. Glad to see your kids are smiling and hopefully enjoying the laundry adventure!

La said...

I hate laundry. And I am glad the house is sold. Hurray!

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

I like the one of Tommy and the laundry hamper.

AM said...

oh my gosh you are superwoman! how are you going to do laundry with a new one???

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

That's so fun to get to play with old friends! Hang in there mel! that new little baby will be so fun!

Herways Go West said...

The yoga squats at the bus stop had me laughing. So cute! But the waiting is no fun I can imagine.
And the heat. Ugh. Mel, you and Jake should write a book after all these experiences....we are all wondering how you are managing, but I see that you have been made strong under your burdens!

Amy said...

You are amazing! That is all I thought when I read this post.

Colie said...

Mom can be your publishing agent & I'll be your producer for the film. These experiences are priceless!

Blog Archive

Contributors