Saturday, January 30, 2010

Daddy vs. Snow

Jake got home last night from his last week in Durham. We survived thanks to my friends having us over for dinners. He was really missed and his homecoming was anxiously anticipated. Except...about 3 minutes before he arrived it started to snow. The excitement of it distracted the kids from noticing Daddy. It was kind of funny.

We woke up to a thin covering of snow and they couldn't wait to get out and make a snowman.
It was interesting snow...it sounded like it was raining during the night. More like little ice chunks. We were only able to make baby snowmen
They played more with Daddy today than they did in the snow, so Daddy wins after all. We had a good day inside playing games, making cinnamon rolls and having chili for dinner. I think we may go stir crazy tomorrow stuck inside again. Church has been cancelled.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Church was cancelled with THAT much snow!? That's crazy!

natalie said...

Aw, Jake is such a fun dad.
The baby snowman is cute.
I think we have that same hat as Rachel. Is it from Janie & Jack? Love that store.

Melissa said...

We made a baby snowman as well. It is so cute. We also were able to go sledding. Our clubhouse has a big hill by the park and was so much fun.

La said...

I am jealous they canceled church. I just returned from three hours of torture with four small children and no husband. :(
I love the picture of the baby snowman. cute.

Herways Go West said...

Wow. Actually, nice to be forced to stay home together, right??? Fun! Jake is done with residencies! hooray, you did it.
Just heard that Dan is on the autobahn in germany going 40km/hour. tom still on the road to work after 2 hours in the car. All b/c of ice/snow. This winter is crazy.

Colie said...

All good things comes together: daddy AND snow!

Jodi said...

I think it is funny that they cancel everything in NC if it snows. Cute baby snowman.

Kristen said...

So I'm such a slacker with commenting...I get to lazy with google reader, but I just wanted to tell you how fun this is! It reminds me of St. George and how school was cancelled for nothing!

Blog Archive

Contributors