Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our whirlwind Utah trip

My youngest sister, Brittany, got married last weekend. Even though I have a few pictures, I didn't take nearly as many as I wanted to. We flew all day Wednesday and enjoyed the dry, pleasant, mosquito-free evening. On Thursday I put together all the bouquets and boutonnieres and went to the wedding dinner at the Lion House. Friday morning was the wedding, putting together the centerpieces and other arrangements, then the reception.
I LOVED working with these beautiful fall colors. I might just go into business, but then again, I'm not sure I can deal with that kind of stress on a regular basis.
Brides are Rachel's most favorite thing. Brittany made one gorgeous bride!My adorable red princess.
The niece and nephews and the new Uncle Ben
My handsome boys. And the looming storm in the background.
Their cake.
The centerpieces
This little guy couldn't get any cuter.
Despite the light rain and strong winds it was a beautiful night. The full rainbow was spectacular. I thought the bride and groom looked pretty classy holding the umbrella too.And a typical amazing Utah sunset.
This is Rachel peeking out of her room window looking down on the big farewell. Too cute. She of course came down and didn't get to bed till way late. I think this trip is the most sleep deprived my kids have ever been.Such a cute little helper that next morning
Then off to go boating at Utah Lake for our Herway Family Reunion.
She's getting a little too mature for me.
Jake's brother Steve is headed out to New Jersery to serve a full time mission for our church for two years. His sister Nicole just got back from Paris after serving her mission for 18 months. Jake hadn't seen his other sister Natalie and her family for 3 years, since they live in Texas. So it was a fun reunion to be all together again...and it was no small miracle that it worked out.
Last time Rachie went boating she whined the whole time. This time she was all giggles and smiles, she LOVED it.

Great Grandma Packer, teaching the girls how to do headstands and somersaults.

That Saturday night we went to the BYU game against Florida State, which was a huge upset. But it was still a lot of fun for me to be back on my old stomping grounds. I sure miss that place.

And here we are, all the Herways (and Portugals)...a picture worth a million bucks to Anita, my mother-in-law :)
Rachel and her cousins Bryn and Scarlet.
We flew back to Charlotte all day Monday. I really really wish we could have stayed a few days longer, but it was great to see EVERYONE in our families in those few quick days.

12 comments:

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

The pics look great and Brit and I both thank you soooo much for all of your help. The flowers looked great, I loved the colors that we used and the boutonnière, center pieces, and Brits Bouquet all looked sick (great)!

Kristen said...

I can't believe you got all that done in a weekend! Brit looked beautiful and I am so in love with that Herway family pic.

Amy said...

We sure wish you could have stayed longer too! But we will be together again soon. I'm glad you are all back safe and sound in Charlotte.

La said...

It was great to see you guys. I wish we could have had more of our late night talks. Until December....

Melissa said...

The wedding pics are cute. Rachel looks so pretty in red. I love, loved the rainbow for their reception, so cool. Glad you guys had a great time!

Katie said...

You should definitely go into business! Your flowers are beautiful! Looks like a fun weekend!

Tom and Kari Lane said...

I am sad we couldn't see you, but it looks like you had plenty to do!

Herways Go West said...

The flowers are fabulous. You definitely have a knack.
And yes, that picture is worth a million bucks to me and what it represents. Amazing that you saw BOTH families in one whirlwind week-end!

natalie said...

what a beautiful wedding! loved all the pictures showing the details. you did a great job on the flowers. If I don't email you pics of the flowers from my wedding in the next week or so, call/email me because that means I forgot.
oh I love that pic of bryn & rachel. It was fun to seem them get along so well!

Colie said...

Favorite pics: Rachie peeking out of the window and Tommy in his XXL life jacket. Even though they may have been sleep-deprived, they are stinkin' cute and I loved snuggling with them. I loved it when Rachel said to me, "I want to hold your hand because I like you." Way to melt an aunt's heart!

Anna-Lisa said...

Melanie - you guys made those flower arrangements?!!! They're gorgeous! Good job! I wish I could do something like that. Sounds like a fun trip to Utah, wish we could have seen you but totally understand with how busy things get.

The Duckworth Family said...

Darling pictures! I'm so sad I missed seeing you guys. Although I know you were there for only such a short time, I saw everybody else! YOu sound so much like me with the wedding thing. I already decided I'll do it for family but for a job it's not worth it! (it's fun, but yes stressful). Your kids are too cute and I love reading the blog. Keep it up!

Blog Archive

Contributors