Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Strawberry Pickin'

When I was little and living in California my dad would take us kids strawberry picking on our way to San Francisco day trip. Well, when I learned we could do it here just south of us in South Carolina I thought I'd carry on the tradition...too bad we couln't go to San Francisco too.It didn't take Rachel long to figure out how juicy the strawberries were.
It quickly went from strawberry picking to strawberry eating...I can't blame her though


The labors of our fruits :)The strawberries were so sweet and delicious, I don't think I can ever buy them from the grocery store again. We do have 3 gallon size freezer bags of them, so we're set for a while.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I had the same method as Rachel when we used to go...pick them and eat them...simply delicious. Good thing they don't weigh you going out. Rachel and Tommy are so cute, and I can't wait for next month.

Herways Go West said...

Who took the 1st picture? You are all there!
Great tradition. I used to pick as well, only I did it by myself. Much more fun with the whole family!
How do those fields make any money?? I'm sure we all must eat as many as we pick!
The strawberries in the stores are too expensive to buy this year. I'm jealous you have fresh picked!

La said...

Great pictures!!! What a fun tradition. You guys are the cutest.

Amy said...

rach looks so big in all these pictures. i cannot believe it. and i also cannot wait to see you in a month. it is going to be so fun. wish jake could come...see...school is already getting in the way! j/k...i admire his dedication.

Kristen said...

I love that first picture, it is adorable! Strawberries are fab aren't they. Oh and I told Ry that the last pic with Jake shows that he is the true dad of a girl, wearing the hat when she is tired of it!

natalie said...

Cute pictures. Love jake's hat. :)
We have strawberry fields near here as well, but I think I"ll wait til next year. It's already too hot to be outside for long esp if you're pregnant.

Blog Archive

Contributors