Tuesday, June 17, 2008

One last hurrah...

We took a four day trip down to North Myrtle Beach for one last vacation before Jake starts MBA school in a couple weeks. Rachel was really excited. On the way down it wasn't "are we there yet?" but "I wanna go to the beach" said at least a million times. We stayed in a really nice 3 bedroom condo. When we first got there and took the small tour, Rachel comes to us and says, "I don't like the room." She's higher maintenance than I thought! She loved the ocean the first day...until she got a mouth full of salt water. But there was a nice little "pond" created from low tide that took some heavy bribery to get her out of.
Tommy did superb on the drive down and back, and was such a trooper the entire trip...I think he was born ready for the beach. What do you think?
Jake and I really enjoyed our family vacation! On our last day we rented a Suri (a four man bike) and had an absolute blast!!

13 comments:

Kristen said...

That looks so fun! I think I am totally envying the bike though, I have never seen one of those before.

Maria said...

Oh, Melanie I miss you guys! Rachel is so cute--Andrew loved looking at the pictures. I am glad you got your 'last' vacation together.

La said...

Great pictures! What a fun trip. Hurray for Tommy being such a great baby. My favorite picture is of Jake tossing Rachel. They both have such gleeful smiles on their faces.

Heidi said...

Melanie, what a fun vacation!! Ok, I must ask... what is your secret? You look amazing for having a teeny tiny baby!! I am seriously jealous.

kenders said...

I love great vacations! Glad you had such a great trip!

Herways Go West said...

Wow. Looks like a fabulous place! Ever heard of the magazine, "coastal living"? They had an article on Myrtle Beach. I'm ready to go...a huge beach of beautiful white sand. Soooo glad you had this break before the long haul!

Anonymous said...

Wow, can I just say jealous. I wish I were at the beach, or near one. I love suris, they are so fun. Remember when grandma and grandpa had one of those? It was forever ago. I'm glad you guys had one last hurrah.

natalie said...

I don't like the room!!! haha. That is hilarious. The pictures are so fun. Rachel looks like she is in heaven.
That's it. I'm going to plan our trip to the beach RIGHT now. So fun!

Heidi said...

Good for you guys! I'm jealous! Glad you were able to get a vacation in before Jake has to buckle down. I love the pictures of the kids on the side bar. Did your dad take thouse? They're great!

Melissa said...

Your trip looked awesome and glad you guys got som nice R & R. That Suri is really cool too. I hadn't heard of that before. I loved the first picture of Rachel & Tommy on their own chairs.. so cute!

Katie said...

Melanie, I saw your blog on Charie Francom's site and I had to check it out. Cute pictures! I'm glad you had a fun trip to Myrtle Beach! I showed Davin the slideshow and he loved it. He still thinks Rachel is cute. :) My blog is www.reesgenre.blogspot.com

The Lewis Family said...

Those pictures were so cute, Tommy seems so chill

Brooke said...

You have such a cute family. That's sad you are moving but exciting!

Blog Archive

Contributors