Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ms. Destructive

I don't know what it is, but Rachel has been more destructive in the past 3 days than she has in the past few months. To name a couple...she has once again written with pen on our walls that were recently painted (PEN DOES NOT COME OFF OF WALLS!), and last night she was so insistent to get a certain ornament off the tree that it all came tumbling down, breaking another couple ornaments on top of the two other ornaments she had broken previously. And the tree only went up Monday night! She can reach a lot higher than we expected. So beware Mom...and the Dickens Village won't stand a chance either, you better build a gate or something.

The other new thing of hers is "who's that?" to everyone! The people on the train, cashiers, people on TV, in magazines, etc. My reply of "I don't know" does not suffice. So needless to say, I make up a lot of names. When there are name tags and I tell Rachel their name she's their new best friend. And then it's "Tiffany's funny...Tiffany's this, Tiffany's that...bye bye Tiffany." Today we were getting our car fixed and she took the delight of calling the man behind the desk, Harry (that's our neighbor's name, and they sort of look alike I guess) Well, it was "where's Harry going...what's Harry doing" the whole time we were there.

12 comments:

La said...

LOL! Awe, Rach.....

Aren't two year olds fun? You have a neighbor named Harry? Thats kinda funny,too. Well, on the bright side at least she is very interested in other people and the world around her. What a bright little girl.

Kristen said...

I am so sorry! I totally understand though. Carter loves the Christmas tree and wants the "balls" all the time. In fact, he has pulled a few off and then looks at me and says "Oh no! It broke." and then proceeds to play with it since it is already broken.
Let me know if you find any great ways to keep her from the tree.

Lacey said...

Hehe. The Who's That? thing is funny, as well as the fact that you occasionally make up names.

Give the MR. Clean magic eraser a try on those pen marks before you give up entirely.

kenders said...

I agree we love the magic erasers! It also works great to clean the bath tub and the kitchen floor!

Melanie Herway said...

I've already tried Mr. Clean...any other ideas?

Heidi said...

LOL too. So funny!

kenders said...

Did you google it? I'm sure someone has some crazy idea that works.

Noel Portugal said...

Oh wow. Toddlers are not easy to keep up with. I love getting these glimpses into the future. Then when I have a days like those with Bryn I'll think... if Melanie can do it, I can do it!
My idea for the pen is to just paint over it!

Herways Go West said...

When Jake was little I got him on film saying, "I love Tiffany!" So maybe that's why Rach loves the name Tiffany. It does kind of roll off your tongue! Wasn't the lady at Panera named Tiffany???
I can't believe she got the tree over in that sturdy, kid-proof Christmas tree stand. Rach has got some power!

Jess and Matt said...

Oh that is so sweet and funny....to an outsider of course! I am sure when Kaden is that age and into everything, and asking a million questions it won't be as sweet or funny. You are a good mom.

Jenae said...

Haha, our child can't tip over a Christmas tree. Neener neener! At 7 months we relish in the freedom of a relatively slow moving baby still.

It's hard to think of Rachel as being so destructive though...she looks so cute in the pictures.

This is Bret by the way...carry on!

Colie said...

I'm so excited to see you guys THIS FRIDAY! Ahhhhh!

Blog Archive

Contributors