Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Terrific Two year old!!!

Rachel turned two just yesterday and it was quite a successful, fun day. We had a playdate with all her little friends for lunch and cupcakes. In preparation for it Rachel got pretty anxious and had the whole table set by 7:30 am. She then managed to sneak a cupcake (or "pancake" is what she likes to call them) and a cookie. She LOVED having her friends over to play. Daddy was able to get off work pretty early and for dinner we had "cold spaghetti, hot potatoe" and "fruit salad." For those of you who are familiar with the Wiggles. She's still obsessed and those are a couple of her favorite songs. She loves spaghetti and fruit but she wasn't too keen on the potatoe. Then we opened her presents which was a lot of fun. She loved them all and we had a great time playing. We finished the night with the traditional blow out the candles.

I know I'll be saying it for the rest of my life but I can't believe I have a two year old. It just seems crazy. I love this girl more than words can express and I LOVED spoiling her yesterday. To update those who I don't talk to as often here's a little bit about my little Rache.
  • She loves life and action...she gets up way too early and will only take a short nap most the time (and if I'm lucky)
  • She loves food, right now I think her favorites are spaghetti and chicken
  • Her favorite shows are Curious George, Dora, Mickey Mouse and of course, the Wiggles
  • She loves to go bye bye and crys everytime we turn on our street to come home, sometimes she's content to even just stay in her car seat
  • She has a certain smile (lifting her eyebrows up and down) that will get her what she wants and she knows it too. If that doesn't work she'll just ask for what she wants then says "okay!"
  • Her new favorite thing to do is jump, she's even figured out how to climb up on our bed
  • Her favorite book is Hop on Pop and she's got it memorized
  • She knows all her colors and her favorite is blue...then pink

8 comments:

natalie said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! It looks like she had a fun day. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
That is so cute that she had the table set all early. When did she get so grown up?
I love that she hates to come home after being out and about. heehee. When I am going to see you guys???!

Kristen said...

Yay! Happy Birthday to Rach congrats mom. That is so fun, I love the whole birthday party thing. It is so much more fun when it is your child and the excitement is just as bad from when we were little. Love the pics, talk to you later.

Herways Go West said...

Hey, you did a great job with the montage...and the video at the end. So professional! It was sooo great! I also liked the photo of all the party kids on the sofa. What a crew! And Rach has her legs spread all over the place. What a crack-up.

You did get our B-card for her, right?
She is as old as boys go on their missions for. Now does she seem even older??? It's a long time!

Herways Go West said...

Oh, and ignore my question about the b-card. I went to my blog afterwards and read that you got it. Great!

Colie said...

She really does have the whole "Hop on Pop" book memorized! She read the whole book to me before she went to bed. She even brought me her milk and blanket, and I felt like I was the one being baby-sat! I'm so impressed with your creativity Mel: hot potatoes, cold spaghetti, and mashed bananas!

La said...

You are such a great mom!! I love the cupcakes, the party decor and the dinner. I am glad that you all enjoyed such a great party. Its amazing how time flies? Rach is two. WOW. Happy Birthday, Rach!

The Layman Family said...

That's crazy that Rach is two! I remember right when we moved here you were preparing for her 1 birthday! Crazy how time flies! It looks like her party was really fun!

Unknown said...

2 years! I can't believe it has been that long! This is Megan and Geren Tea from the BYU 141st ward.

Blog Archive

Contributors