Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tank You Craaampa!

My dad was here for about 5 days to play with Rachel and to help do things around the house for us...he fixed our lawn mower, our vacuum, our sink, our doorknob, and our deck stairs (hopefully I remembered all of them) Seriously, I don't know what we would do without him. And on top of all that he built a swing set for Rachel! Which she absolutely LOVES!! It was fun to see the light go on in her eyes when she figured out what it was. We were going to get a little tikes swing for her but all the toy stores were out of them and they say it's out of season. Which doesn't make sense to me because we still have temperatures in the 80s and they're still selling swimming pools. But she did really well in the "big kid swing."


Photo Shoot
My dad likes to bring his nice camera and take about a million pictures. I love it except that there's so many good ones to choose from. They may not be the prettiest of Rachel, the scratch on her nose is from a little encounter with our neighbors cat. She was just trying to be his friend and got up right in his face, saying, "mow...mow" then it was "ow...ow." She also has a bit of a cold too, but they are still really great shots. I hope you enjoy them.

And, I guess I can't "hide" it much longer. For those of you who don't know yet, and as you can probably tell from the last picture...I'm pregnant. I'm due April 30. That puts me just past the first trimester...yeah!!!

10 comments:

Kristen said...

You could still hide it if you wanted, it is just a tiny little bump! But congrats. We miss you.

La said...

A tiny little bump...Mel, you are so cute pregnant. Rachel is a doll. I love her bright little eyes. I love the picture when she is swing with her Grandpa. The look on face is so adoring. Lucky Grandpa!!

kenders said...

Congratulations! That's very exciting! We can't wait for that day for us.

Herways Go West said...

Joy, joy, joy> That's what Rachel's eyes are saying. Oh man, aren't we lucky your Dad is such a great photographer. I can see him now sort of blush with that comment and say, "Oh not really"...but REALLY he caught the essence of Rachel and your family. He is GOOD. Better than any of those pictures you get at a studio!!! 100x better. So how can I get my hands on some of those???
And handy on top of it all. Wow. And wow again. Makes me feel inadequate when I come for my visit!!! Oh well, I don't care. Just glad you have him!

Jenae said...

Those are beautiful photos, wow! She is such a gorgeous little girl! Congrats on your second on the way! You are due the day after my bday!!

natalie said...

I can't believe you are showing already! So cute. Were you showing this soon with Rachel?
There are some great pictures of Rachel. Your dad did an awesome job. The scratch from the cat barely shows up in most of them.
So your dad had to come fix everything, huh? Can't Jake fix a doorknob? Just playing Jake! We have Noel's dad fix everything too.

Heidi said...

What a fun grandpa! Rachel looks like she had the time of her life on that swing! And, I love Rachel's sunglasses, such a spunky girl!

Jodi said...

Congratulations on baby #2. Such an exciting time. Rachel is such a cutie. She looks like she was having the time of her life. It is so much fun seeing the excitement in their little eyes as they experience new thigs.

Alyssa said...

Congratulations Melanie! That's so exciting! And I know what you mean by how your dad is with his camera. When he came down for the St.George marathon he brought it and we got up early and took pictures. Except I didn't last even 5 minutes outside so I stayed in the car. Any ways, they're cute pictures and congrats again!

Colie said...

DARLING! I'm surprised I didn't start crying or something because Rachel is so darling! That's all I can say: darling. You can just tell she is a very loving, happy, and active little girl. I love the shot of Jake and Rache on the swings, and of your family on the walk. You are such a darling family! (I think I said darling about a dozen times, but it's so true.)

Blog Archive

Contributors