Tuesday, August 7, 2007

White water rafting



The funnest thing ever!!! Honestly, such a blast. It was my first time going and I'll be honest, I had butterflies in my stomach as they went through all the possiblities of dying and me thinking, "am I going to remember this when I am tossed out and being thrown around in the waves?" So I had one goal...to stay on the raft!! And, I did it! Although my toes were a bit numb afterwards from being shoved under the seat in front of me for the security. Sometimes I just couldn't look, when our guide would say "forward five!!" as we were headed for a class IV rapid, I would just concentrate on paddling...and staying on the raft. But, I was definitely getting the knack of it by the end. So much fun, I couldn't believe it. Sadly, I wasn't able to take the camera with me to get any action shots (which I'm sure would have been fantastic) but we are wet and that'll have to do for proof.

7 comments:

Jill Lau said...

Hello!
This is Jill Lau from our old ward in Provo. We were excited to find your blog. Your little girl is so cute and it is fun to see how much all the little babies have changed. Our little guy is 8 1/2 months now. We just moved to Ohio this last weekend. Hope you are all doing good. see ya, jill

akdoxey said...

So was this a rafting simulation? If so where is it- that looks like a blast. My last rating experience was when I was 7 1/2 months prego and we tipped, I thought it was fun- mostly to see how scared everyone was for the "lady with the baby."

natalie said...

That looks SO fun! Wow, NC has tons of fun outdoor stuff to do. Who did you go with? Were your arms sore the next day?

La said...

I love white water rafting. I took Dan the summer after we met and we both fell in. It was fun though. :)
Great pictures.

Colie said...

I'll keep the toe trick in mind!

Herways Go West said...

Mel, I enlarged the photo to see all the couples better. Are they friends from your neighborhood, or church....or was it just a group shot and you don't know the other couples? At any rate, looks like a fun group! And what a fun thing to do. The closest we get here is kyaking down the Lesse...a very small river that's usually very rocky b/c the water is low, so it's no fun at all.

Brooke said...

I think we saw this place on the show "Really Big Things" on the discovery channel. Is it in NC? Sounds like fun, I LOVE river rafting!

Blog Archive

Contributors