Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Summer Dance Workshop comes to an end

Which means summer is basically over...isn't that crazy!!! Anyway, the workshop went really well, I had a lot of fun doing it and I got some great compliments along the way. One boy's mom said he liked it more than his karate class. Another mom says her two kids love to play "dance class" at home. Another boy asks everyday if it's the day he goes to dance class. I decided to keep it going through the year, but unfortunately I don't have too many returning students. It's hard to compete with the busy schedules of school, swimming, gymnastics, soccer and everything else. So hopefully I can find a few more students by the time I start again. It's mainly my 5-6 year olds who are staying, and if it were just them I would be happy, because they are my favorite!!! What a cute age! We were few in numbers today because of last minute vacations before school starts again, but we had a lot of fun. Although, my last class seemed like eternity! They're 3 and 4 years old. One of the younger ones came and had to use the bathroom when she first got here. Then her brother had to go...well, then the whole class had to go. So it seemed like the whole 45 minutes was spent getting them all though the bathroom. The next one would go and each of them seemed to have a problem..."teacher...I can't get the water to go cold...teacher!!...teacher!!!...he didn't flush...teacher!...there's no toilet paper." And when I had to attend each one, that left the other 7 to go bouncing off the walls. Oh man, I'm ready for my summer vacation! They're cute though.





7 comments:

natalie said...

They ARE cute. Looks like fun! Good luck finding new students for the fall. I'm sure word will spread fast about how awesome your classes are.

La said...

WOW! I am super proud of you! Not surprised but impressed. I so wish we lived by you so that I could send my kids to you. Congrats, on such a successful summer. Oh and your kids are way cute.

kenders said...

That's so cool Melanie! So you just teach them from your home? That's great that you have the room for it! It sounds like it went really well! I'm sure you're a great teacher! And enjoy your break...every teacher needs one! :)

Colie said...

Bravo, Mel! I'm glad that you had fun with it, especially because I know it took a lot of work. It looks like the kids just loved it, toilet extravaganza and all.

Herways Go West said...

Oh, your story is soooo true. One kid gets the idea (I need to go to the toilet, I need a drink of water, I'm sad so I'm going to cry) and it's just contagious! They ALL have to do the same thing. Power of suggestion I guess.
I too am VERY proud of you. VERY! Keep up the good work, the hard work...and hopefully the kids will sign up. That's the part I hated most...will I have a full class???

Herways Go West said...

Oh, and the wood floor looks perfect and beautiful. What a perfect studio!

Brooke said...

Cute kids, I'm glad you had fun doing that. It's fun to challange yourself with stuff like that!

Blog Archive

Contributors