Thursday, June 2, 2016

8 is Great!

"I like to look for rainbows, whenever there is rain. And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.  I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.  I want to be the best I can, and live with God again."  This rainbow came at a perfect time, the week of Tommy's baptism.  I love how happy he is!
It was one crazy insane week!  The kids had half days of school every day, there was parent teacher conferences, kindergarten registration, doctor appointments, Tommy's birthday, the Blue and Gold banquet, and his baptism.
 When I told him no birthday party this year he was very very sad.  I said he could have a play date with a few friends from school.  Not sure how there ended up being five!  But I gave them a football and let them entertain themselves.  It was still very draining.  They were really loud and really energetic, but they had a really good time.  Tommy loved it!  Oh and they all call him Tom, because there was already a Tommy in his class when he came.  I probably should have made it 2 hours, instead of 3.  But some football highlight videos and some jackpot filled the rest of the time.
 He really wanted something signed by Cam Newton, but a t-shirt was the best I could do.  He was still thrilled!
He has become very obsessed with football lately, he's even got a large collection of football (and baseball) cards.  If anyone around here has met Tommy, he's asked them who their favorite team is.  We are signing him up for Flag Football in the fall.  Although he really wants to do tackle.  I told him he ought to learn the rules of the game first before trying to maneuver with helmet and pads.
 After his playdate we went to the church to set up for the Blue and Gold banquet that night.  Jake, as the new cub master, was in charge.  We came back home to sing him Happy Birthday.  He blew his candles out and then we had to run and get changed.
 My new scout!  I seriously can't believe he is old enough to do this now.  He is very excited and has already memorized the Scout Oath.
 Really fun that this night got to be his first time going to Scouts and that Jake is right there with him. He really loves that!
 Jake did the party planning, and I just helped order balloons and decorated the gym with streamers.
 We all sang Happy Birthday to him.
Baptism day
 We were really happy that Grandpa was able to make it out for his special day!


I asked Rachel a week before the baptism if she would be willing to play a song for the program.  Within no time and no music she picked out the notes to "When I am Baptized"  She did a beautiful job and I was very proud of her.



2 comments:

Amy said...

Great pictures! I am loving Tommy's love of football. It's my favorite too. I think it is pretty fun that Jake is the Cubmaster so he can be involved with Tommy's scouting! Fun changes for such an awesome kid!

Herways Go West said...

Tommy is baptized. Oh how great! What a special occasion. Glad it's all documented and thanks for sharing. Rach rocked the violin solo. How does she do it???

Blog Archive

Contributors