Wednesday, September 23, 2015

beach, boating, baseball and blueberries

Beach day!

Our old friends from NYC invited us to Fireworks for the 4th (on the 3rd) at their lake house.
On the Fourth we went to the Princeton Battlefield for some Revolutionary time fun.



And since there aren't any fireworks on the fourth I decided we had to do something, so I invited a handful of families to come to our house for a BBQ.


Who doesn't love a good mud pie?
2nd top tooth!
This never happens.  Usually when I go to wake her she pops up like a Jack-in-the-box.
We signed up Tommy for a week long flag football camp at the local high school.  He LOVED it.  The coach asked Jake one morning if Tommy came home and crashed.  He said he is always running and grabbing everyone's flags.  On the last day the coach had him come to the middle of the group to say their goodbye chant with Tommy leading it.

Fountain swimming with friends
Our 1st 7/11 slurpee
Our annual baseball game with Jake's work crew.  Can't believe this is our 5th one!!
Always hoping
And a spectacular firework show to top off the night
PJ's, no pants, popsicle....ah, summer!
I spent a good couple of hours helping Tommy find all the pieces (mixed among many others) so that he could build this lego truck.  It's now documented so that he remembers how much I love him.
Blueberry pickin
I think we picked 10 lbs



Such a great day at the farm!
Rachel took a few farm to table cooking classes this summer, which she absolutely loved.  They taught her some good knife skills, and now she can help me a little more in the kitchen.
Races in the rain.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Cooking classes? That is so fun! I love that Tommy was the football chant leader. such a fun boy. Your 4th looks so fun too. Being so close to all that history really is a plus on that holiday. And all those blueberries! Yum!

Herways Go West said...

I don't suppose they caught any fly balls at the ballgame? Lily knows how to chill. My kind of girl.

Herways Go West said...

I don't suppose they caught any fly balls at the ballgame? Lily knows how to chill. My kind of girl.

Blog Archive

Contributors