Monday, December 8, 2014

Austria

Our big side trip this vacation was spending a week in the Austrian lake district, aka Heaven on Earth!!  The gorgeous mountains and the beautiful lakes...HARD TO BEAT!!!  (Funny little fact- my kids had a hard time saying Austria, it was usually "Australia" or "Austrila")

We woke the kids up really early to catch the plane, they did super good on the short flight and the long drive from Vienna
Waiting for the car rental
Anita is amazing, how ever did she find such a perfect place.  We spent a lot of time enjoying the view on this deck.
Rachel fixed up her side of the room when we first got there
It's a little blurry, but I love this action shot of them dancing and twirling.
It didn't take us too long to get out and explore the town.  This cemetery was really beautiful.

Such a good little traveler despite these short cat naps in the stroller
 We found playgrounds or swings almost everywhere we went.  I got a little obsessed with these swing shots...you may see a few more :)
 The town of Wolfgang
 Taking refuge in the church from another downpour.  My kids were fascinated and mesmerized by these prayer candles.

And sunny again!  I wish I was an Austrian...we had bratwurst for dinner and apple streudel any chance we could get.

Just outside our "house" was a trampoline and playground.  My kids loved it, and spent hours there jumping, swinging, playing in the sand box, foosball, and just pretending.  Even in the early hours of the morning.  One morning I found a little note from Rachel telling me they had gone out there.  The best part was how well they all played together.  Occasionally I would hear a cry, but it would quickly get resolved.  I loved hearing them laughing and having a good time.

3 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Oh, I am way behind! The swing photo is fabulous. The trip really was a success. So much fun for all of us. I think we all wish we could move to Austria! Beautiful from every angle.

natalie said...

I'm so glad you loved it as much as we did. Fun to see you had some similar and some different experiences. I would LOVE to go again. The swing shot is awesome.

DCAja said...

https://www.tokopedia.com/zippozi/zippo-knight-fight-design-49292-original-made-in-usa

Blog Archive

Contributors