Sunday, September 28, 2014

Cape Cod

Our second weekend with Grandpa...

A quick stop at the potato chip factory
free sample
and then to the beach



We went to a museum that had artifacts from a real pirate shipwreck, which was really cool.  The kids' favorite part was playing in the gift shop :)


The real pirate treasure!
Provincetown
"Mommy, take my picture!"
On the way back to our hotel we decided to join one of Rachel's school friends at the drive-in to see the new Planes 2 movie.
The next morning we went on a whale watching cruise.  I had heard lots of good things from people that live in our area about this, so my expectations were high...and I was still blown out of the water.  It was so amazing!!  The boat ride was a little long, but the kids had a great time too.


Jake calls this girl Sunny Kate for a reason



Slightly seasick

This was the first little creature we saw

Then we saw lots of these, I think they were called Minke whales.

and then the Humpbacks.  We were able to get quite close, and it was fascinating seeing these huge mammals moving in the water.



This was a mother and her baby...waving hello





Such a trooper
More beach time.  We were informed there were lots of great shallow tide pools to catch lots of sea creatures in, but we must have gone to the wrong beaches.  But there really are no wrong beaches, any beach is a great time.

Have I mentioned how much Lily loves to eat sand?!

On Sunday we visited the JFK museum

And I really wished I liked seafood more.  The many burgers I ate didn't seem to measure up to the quality of the fish.

We were really lucky in terms of traffic, as we have heard many horror stories about.  We really had a perfect time!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Kate's hair is amazing! I feel for Rachie in the seasickness department. Blah... Whale watching sounds awesome. And the beach is always perfect.

La said...

What a great weekend! We went whale watching in Monterey 5+ years ago and I think it is time for another trip! I think that Tommy looks more and more like Jake with each passing year! I love Kate's hair! I wish it was my hair!

natalie said...

Love the pic of Sunny Kate on Jake's shoulders. What a doll! And the one of Lily sleeping on the boat. lol.
I agree that any beach is a good beach.

Herways Go West said...

The 'Sunny Kate' photo is amazing. Seeing all those whales. That is a treat. Not always successful finding the whales but you guys hit the jack pot!

Blog Archive

Contributors