Friday, August 23, 2013

Rrr Pirate Adventure

So I saw this Pirate cruise on Groupon and I couldn't resist.  I knew my kids would absolutely love it.  It did not disappoint...it went above and beyond my expectations.
Tommy trying to win the "RRRRR" contest.  He should have won.



 Stories, sword fighting...

 Water bombing the "bad pirates"

 Finding the hidden treasure
 Collecting their treasure, which was found with an "X marks the spot" in the middle of the lake.  They pulled up the treasure chest from the bottom of the lake.
 Root beer!!  My kids love soda, because it is a rare treat.



 It was a memorable adventure for sure.  As soon as it finished Tommy was asking when could we do it again.  He talked about it ALL day!

Afterwards we headed to the beach at Cape May (one of our favorite beach towns)
 These kids had a blast on their boogie boards and are getting good at catching the waves.  I felt like they were out there for hours. 
 Rachie was counting how many waves she caught at first but I think she lost track after about 42.


 I think I buried Katelyn a good 20 times.  She loves it.
 I could watch these kids play at the beach forever.  It's so hard to leave when they're having so much fun.
And what's a beach day without an ice cream cone :)

4 comments:

Herways Go West said...

tommy should definitely have the prize for the best 'rrrr' contest. great shot!
The beach is heaven for all ages....even a lady due any day???

Amy said...

What a great idea! Tommy looks so happy in all the pictures. I can't believe they boogie board so well. I was terrified of it for years. Maybe the Pacific and Atlantic have different size waves? But most likely I was just a wimp! Love the beach.

La said...

I love the picture of Kate at the beach with the wind in her cute curly hair!

Colie said...

Such a fun adventure. Mel, you should write a book about how to create an adventurous childhood for kids. You rock at it.

Blog Archive

Contributors