Friday, August 16, 2013

Rachel's Poetry

-->
One morning this summer Rachel woke up and put her pencil to paper...not an unusual thing.  She wrote a handful of poems and has been adding to it randomly ever since.  Here are a few of my favorite from her collection:

July 23, 2013
The Stumble

Twas’ the night of the baseball game,

I was having a bunchell of fun.

And here it was, the end of it:

I stumbled to the floor,

and I cried like never

before.  My cut, the size

of a baseball, at the end

of the worst baseball game.



“Thump Thump”

Hear my heartbeat,

loud and firm, as it’s

going “Thump Thump Thump.”

you might think this,

but it does not hurt

while it’s goin’ “Boom Boom”

I like that sound: thud-thud-

thud, all the while I’m

Living.



Me as a Cheater

It’s impossible for

me to do a 9 squared

sided Rubik’s cube

-but I had a plan.

(a wonderful plan!)

…I put the stickers back in

place. –I’m a cheater!

what a race.


?

blister or splinter,

-whad’ya say I call

this mister?



July 30, 2013

The Dryer That I Went In…

I went in to a dryer

To see if I could fit.

My mom suddenly turned it on,

And round and round I went.

Bruise Bruise Bruise – (9 bruises)

In the dryer I will never go

For that story was the worst one yet.



I, The Abominable Snowman

I am going to the swimming pool

But I trust you enough for me to introduce myself:

I am

Blizzardy,

Scary,

Watchamacality,

Rude,

Naughty,

Frightening to little kids, (Hee Hee!)

Smart,

Braggy,

Raggety Bleegery.

-WAIT!  What time is it!?  10PM!?

I missed the swimming pool.

Oh fret!



August 11, 2013

Forks

Using chopsticks

Are hard to do,

So I only use a you-know-who

…a fork!

4 comments:

La said...

I am impressed. Very impressed. You have a little writer on your hands. If you guys do end up coming out here next summer there is an awesome (and free) young writers conference in Provo. It features lots of workshops and tons of local writers. We have never done it but I have always wanted too.

laurel said...

This is amazing. I'm blown away!! My favorite is "cheater".

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Ha ha those are great. Love that Rachie Roo.

Colie said...

My favorite is "Thump Thump" - you're an amazing writer, Rachie!

Blog Archive

Contributors