Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rehoboth


Jake's parents came to visit us and we took a little vacation to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware.  It's the beach that Jake's family frequented when he was a kid and even one his dad traditionally went to as a youth.  It had been 10 years since Jake's parents had been back and even more for Jake.  It was a fun walk down memory lane for them, and I was happy to finally come to this place I have heard so much about.


We headed down on the Fourth and we were expecting LOTS of traffic and crowds.  To our pleasant surprise there was neither.  Just great hot weather and the same ol' but different Rehoboth.

Our first beach day the kids learned what it feels like to be in a washing machine.  The waves were really strong and they were caught almost every time.  Ahahahaha wipeout!
Tommy: "Are we China diggers?"

This girl LOVES the ocean.  We got lots of comments on how happy and confident she was out there.  She loved going deep and her biggest thrill was when it would catch her by surprise.

The boardwalk


We took a trip to Fun Land everyday after the beach.  With the same prices Tom remembers, it really was a great bargain


My kids loved these glow sticks
We almost gave up on the firework show.  Supposedly 80,000 people gather here to watch it.  Luckily the real one was just delayed and it ended up being quite spectacular.  Rachel serenaded us throughout it with how "nothing's better than this"

Proud to be an American

Off to the beach

Stairs to China
Katelyn wanted to go too

She lost her legs so I made her new ones
I love watching my kids play together, they are so giddy in the waves

Solving the world's problems

Eating cold cereal in a hotel room brings back fun childhood memories for me


More Fun Land



She's a little stinker about treats.  We had a really great tantrum for red licorice!


For those who wonder where she gets her eye color
The whole clan
One night while Jake and I were out Grammie transferred Tommy to our bed because they were kicking each other.  When we went in later we found this...too funny!!
Tradition shot
In action

7 comments:

Heidi said...

So fun! I'm glad it wasn't crowded. I have met friends here from the east coast and recently were talking about what a nightmare rehoboth and surrounding beaches are during the 4th of July! Wish we could have all done a beach vacation together though!

Tom and Kari Lane said...

Your kids are the cutest!

Amy said...

That seriously looks so fun! I love the tantrum over licorice and can totally relate. And the fact that Tommy's legs ended up all over Rachel is pretty hysterical too! Sounds like a dream vacation. I love traditions!

La said...

Aww.... I loved these pictures. I wish we could have been there, too!

Herways Go West said...

Now that was a lot of fun! I can't wait to do this full time.

Thanks for having us in Princeton, NJ, and Rehoboth, Del. What a great place and a great family!

Keep up the good work!

Tom

Herways Go West said...

It was a super trip and tons of fun. I'm ready to do it again! We loved reliving our tradition at Rehoboth and sharing it with your family. Sigh. Cutest kids ever. I miss all of you.

natalie said...

I love Rehoboth! I love seeing that your kids enjoyed it as much as I remember enjoying it. The beach is the best place to take kids and I think funland is half the fun.

Blog Archive

Contributors