Friday, April 20, 2012

4 countries in 5 days

But we did stop to smell the flowers :)

After a day to recuperate in Brussels we did a weekend trip up to Holland. Unfortunately I uploaded my pictures to a temporary account on their computer and they disappeared once the computer shut down. I lost all my pictures from downtown Brussels with all the fun Easter displays in the chocolate shops and all my pictures from Holland. THANKFULLY Anita brought her camera too and so we have a few to prove that we were there.Biking in Kinderdijk with Pop and Grammie
I have always wondered how Jake could eat the same lunch every day and not get sick of it, but I could probably eat a baguette sandwich everday...easy!
We were still a bit too early for tulips. We saw mostly hyacinths. The aroma that filled the air and hit you in the face as soon as you opened the car door was AMAZING!!!
Rachie was really cute. We hopped a fence to get a picture on this field. Despite the fact that mom and dad did it and were telling her it was okay she resisted hard yelling, "but we're not allowed!"This one was free reign and the kids had a blast running up and down the rows!
And did you take note of the jackets? It was FREEZING!

9 comments:

nd said...

it looks so pretty! i'm sure you are having fun with grandparents! we look forward to seeing you in charlotte soon!
noelle

Melissa said...

Beautiful flowers! What a fun trip to see the family. Your kids must be awesome travelers by now.

La said...

I love that Rachie hates to break the rules. That cracks me up. That is so something Daph would have done at that age. :)

Herways Go West said...

We didn't let the cold slow us down at all did we? Thanks for carving out time to be with us. We loved every second! Now come back and see the bluebells!

Amy said...

So sad about your pictures! But glad you were able to get a few from Anita. The flowers are amazing. We were at Temple Square last week and all the flowers made it smell lovely. I think that is what heaven must smell like cause I sure felt like I was there!

Mortar and Pestle Mom said...

What a fun time! You inspire me to believe I can travel to Europe with kids. Someday :) Hope you all are doing well.

Maria said...

Your kids are so lucky to see so much of the world already. I hope these memories stick (even if the photos didn't! )

Colie said...

Fun! I remember a shot of Rachie as a little baby in those tulip fields. Is my memory serving me correctly?

Katie said...

So lovely! I'm sorry that you lost your pictures! I'm sure they were awesome! I'm glad you had a fun trip!

Blog Archive

Contributors