Monday, January 9, 2012

Surprise!

It was a big debate this year whether or not to go to Utah for Christmas. Four airplane tickets, the stress of holiday travel, the unpredictability of the weather, transporting the presents, etc were all very good reasons to stay here and start our own traditions. So we decided and said we weren't coming. Then about a month before I decided to look at our sky miles. The possibility opened up and ideas started forming in my head to surprise my family. It was one of the funnest things I've ever done!! The planning, the deception, the anticipation, I was like a kid waiting for Santa Claus...I couldn't wait!

So here's the video of the kids finding out, as well as walking into my Grandma's house for the big Christmas Eve dinner. It's a little long, but it's sure fun.

10 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh man I love this! Watching your mom cry made me cry!

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh! So fun! I totally cried.

Amy said...

Best Christmas gift ever.

Melissa said...

That is so awesome! Totally made me cry watching it! Did you guys have anyone on the "inside" knowing you were coming?

It is fun watching you surprise the kids and then walking up to the door of your grandmas. Wouldn't it be nice if it was that easy and wasn't an all day thing! You made it look to easy! Love it!!!

La said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!! I think this is the coolest thing I have seen on any Christmas post this year. Super cool! I am so glad that you guys have it on video. Priceless.

Herways Go West said...

My glasses fogged up, tears are running down my cheeks.....indeed, a Christmas gift beyond words, for everybody. So glad Jake did a video and not just pictures, which could have never captured all that emotion. Never to be forgotten. Wow!

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

I love that you got it on film! It was a wonderful Christmas. I'm so glad you all came out and miss you all! I can't believe I will have a baby the next time I see you guys.

Colie said...

"to Ut --- Utah? for Christmas? We're going to Utah for Christmas!"
So cute!

rach said...

That was amazing!!!!!! I totally cried that's so special what an amazing surprise!!! I hope you are all doing well your family is darling!!! Love ya girly!!!

natalie said...

What a fun surprise! Glad you guys could pull it off.

Blog Archive

Contributors