Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Columbus

Last weekend we headed up to Columbus, Ohio for Jake to be best man at a high school friend's (Matt Mele's) wedding. I almost didn't go because of the dreadful 7 hour drive but I'm glad I went. On our way up last Thursday I needed to make a stop for a restroom and we noticed a sign to Mt. Airy. "Mayberry," home of the famous Andy Griffith, had been on our "to do" list since we moved to North Carolina but just not a priority considering the 2 hour drive. Well, completely unplanned we stopped in for an hour visit of the town. What a blast! Especially walking down Main St. with the theme song whistling away.








Jake did an awesome job being best man. He helped calm Matt's cold feet, he didn't drop the rings, and he gave an AMAZING speech at the reception.
The reception was at Ohio State University. We had fun touring the campus a little bit and thinking of all our friends who attended here.
What a stud huh? I loved the tux!
...more Brussels friends
We were in Columbus for my birthday so we celebrated when we got home. Rachel had made a beautiful birthday banner and they were both SO excited to have me open my presents and help me blow out my candles. They're the best. And a big thanks to my mom for the gifts and the delicious cake!!

And the good news is...while we were away we received an offer on the house. We counter-offered but we settled at a pretty low price. It kinda stinks to be desperate! But, it is officially "under contract" and the headache of it is gone, although we do have to worry about inspections and everything else going smoothly. I wish I could relax for the next few weeks but we're headed out tomorrow to NYC to look for an apartment. Life is crazy right now!!!

6 comments:

La said...

Congrats to Matt. Happy B-day to you. And what a relief to have the house under contract.

natalie said...

Ok that trip looks so fun! And happy birthday! Did your mom stay home with the kids while you went to the wedding?
I just LOVE that pic of Jake sitting at the sheriff's desk. I didn't know they had the town available for tour. That is so awesome. My dad definitely needs to go.
Also your belly is getting so much bigger! I know that is not so fun, but you look good and are a very cute pregnant lady! :)

Colie said...

Mel - again, you are a very cute pregnant lady! Like Natalie, I didn't know that you could tour Mayberry. The picture of Jake in the jail cracked me up. Oh, Otis ...

Herways Go West said...

Tom is JEALOUS that you could haunt Mayberry! What fun!
Wow, Matt snatched a beautiful girl! And I barely recognize the Brussels friends...
And yes, Jake looks fab in a tux...and your belly looks fab...even in a bathing suit! (previous post)
Congrats on selling the house! Can't wait to get the word about your news 'digs'!

Tom and Kari Lane said...

Okay, so Mayberry is where my beloved "Matlock" became famous. Very jealous. Congrats on the offer and good luck with the apartment search.

Anita said...

Hello Jake and Melanie
Thank you so much for sharing your blog! I love all your pictures and seeing all your fun adventures. I am so glad that you have the chance to live in the City. Terry served his mission there, so we love going back to visit and had a wonderful time there in June. Take care and hope to keep in touch with you! love, Anita

Blog Archive

Contributors