Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Winter Woes

The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day.
It's the third straight day of rain. I think it's really getting to us. Yesterday Rachel said, "Why does it have to rain every day ALL DAY LONG!...I'm so tired of this weather!" It has been a long cold winter (not a typical Charlotte winter)...

For the past couple of months I have been feeling yucky and extremely exhausted, I haven't been able to accomplish much of anything, I seem to be butting heads a lot with my four year old lately, Tommy and his tantrums, sibling rivaly, my patience is wearing very thin, my husband has been discouraged in attaining the job of his dreams, coming so so close, and growing increasingly weary of his current job and unsure of what to do next, the dread and worry of student loans and other extra expenses, the stomach flu, common colds, what did I do to my shoulder to cause it and my ribs to be so so sore, sleepless nights, my brother has struggled with his Chrone's and had to go through surgery, Jake doesn't have a single PTO day until Memorial Day...

But, we really shouldn't complain. We have a job, a husband/dad who is home by 5:00, good health overall, beautiful kids, supportive friends and family, and Jake and I have each other. It's been a tough time but I have also found a lot of strength in my church meetings, reading the scriptures, and through prayer. We have been learning a lot through these experiences and in trying to find joy in the journey. We have faith in the Lord's plan for us and I really do feel that there is "hope smiling brightly before us" especially with the coming of spring, friends and family visiting, graduation, vacations and yes, a third child :)

So I don't mean to complain, I just thought I'd let you know where we've been...not physically, but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

10 comments:

La said...

I guess I don't really need to comment because we have been exchanging emails but I am not good at not commenting. :) And for what it is worth, I have no doubt that Jake will find the perfect job. I hope spring comes soon for all of us. And I hope you getting feeling better. Have you had your iron tested? Achy body and sleepless nights are some of the symptoms. Let us know if there anything we can do to help. We are thinking about you.

Kristen said...

Oh Mel, I'm so sorry. I understand, I truly do. I hope things get better soon. And I hope for all of our sakes that Spring comes soon and we can at least deal with everything with nice weather! Love ya and if you ever need to chat, give me a call.

Heidi said...

First of all, congrats on baby #3! Nicole told me the other day, but I was waiting to her it from the mom herself!

Second of all, I second Lara that I have no doubt that Jake will find a great job. I know you guys know that too, but it's definitely discouraging when it doesn't happen as quick as we'd like.

I'm all for spring to get here, like, TOMORROW! I hope for you and the kids that the rain goes away and that you start feeling better soon.

We're ALL thinking about you guys. You guys have lots of love coming from all over the country. :)

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

Love ya Mel! Rainy days are no fun. Soon everything will be wonderful. You have wonderful support and we all love you! Sure hope we get to see you soon! Can't wait for Herway #3 to come! Love you and talk to you soon.

Herways Go West said...

Well, isn't that the most darling picture in the world? How creative to post them together. Very good! And so descriptive!!! You could have posted no words and the message would have still been loud and clear.
Here is the thought I had as I took a walk yesterday....the only 10 minutes of sun that we have had in days mind you:
"The dark is just as important as the light." (said in connection with painting a picture). Holds true for life and I need to remember that.
Perspective, patience. We all hope and pray that relief comes soon!

Heidi said...

Congrats on #3!! Sorry to hear things have been a little discouraging lately, but I think it'll really make you appreciate the good times! Hang in there, you can make it through! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

natalie said...

You are so creative... dr. suessing your kids at the window. I love it!
I hear you on the winter woes. One things I've learned is bad things/times always come to an end. hurray!

Colie said...

That Dr. Seuss photo reminded me of a quote from Forrest Gump: "One day it started raining, and it didn't quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath." I loved the shot of Rachie and Tommy in the window just like those two kids!

rach said...

What when? Mel that's amazing congrats!!!! We must talk asap!!! Loves!

Kristen said...

Okay I just found the 3 kids announcement! I can't believe I missed that. I must have been out of it the day I read the post and I even commented! Congrats girl. When are you due?

Blog Archive

Contributors