Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas time

We've had our tree up for a week and all the ornaments that were on the bottom half are now sitting on the mantel waiting to be fixed. It's a sad looking tree, but I sure LOVE the smell. Rachel wakes up every morning and goes to turn the lights on.
On Friday we didn't have much to do so we went to the mall. Rachel was so excited to see Santa. When she got on his lap and he asked her what she wants for Christmas, she told him "a bell" (like the Polar Express I guess). She has asked me about a million questions about Santa. One of my favorites, "Mom, does Santa have a family?"Tommy's not too sure about him...he made sure to keep his distance.
Grandma sent us a wonderful Christmas package with books, pjs and these winter coats. Just in time too!! It is freezing here right now.
Yesterday we went to a free Christmas event and got hot chocolate, cider, smoothies, popcorn, photobooth pictures, ornament crafts and another chance to see Santa. Poor Tommy is so scared, it's so cute.
We went to see "Gingerbread Lane" at a hotel across the street from the shopping center. There were some really neat houses. I had to post a few.
This one was my favorite :)



6 comments:

Katie said...

Cool houses! Call me when you find out about these events! It looks like a lot of fun! It is cold here, though it is so much warmer than it was in Utah! I have become the biggest warm-weather-whimp since I moved here.
P.S. The "eating their peas" picture is a new Herway family classic! So darling!

Maria said...

Uh, what is your definition of freezing, Mel? Looks like some fun Christmas stuff. I need to find more of that around here too.

La said...

I love all the fun stuff there is to do this time of year. Great gingerbread houses.

natalie said...

That first pic of tommy scared of santa is so cute!!
Those are the coolest gingerbread houses I've ever seen! I might TRY to copy them one day.

Herways Go West said...

Santa and kids. A love/hate relationship! Looks like a great outing.

Anna-Lisa said...

I LOVE gingerbread houses. You guys do sooo much stuff - I swear, they don't have free events in Utah anymore.

Blog Archive

Contributors