Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer

We've been back a week now and Europe seems like a distant memory. Summer has hit us hard. Our yard was in terrible condition, it's super hot outside and the mosquitoes are out to kill us. Seriously, Tommy looks like he has chicken pox with all the bites he's gotten, even with bug spray on. Anybody have any ideas? Anyway, here are some or our saving graces...

A much belated birthday gift, the 3-in-1 smart trike, which I think deserves the toy of the year award. Tommy loves riding it, and Rachel loves pushing him around in it.
Target pool for 50% off

Frozen Gogurts, Rachel's absolute FAVORITE snack, and Tommy has taken a liking to them as well.
Here's a new face from Tommy, I love it!
The pool. With Rachel's dance lessons and our "program member" card we get access to the YMCA pool 5 times...which will quickly run out.


One thing I love about summer is the fireflies, sitting out on the porch swing talking to Jake and watching them twinkle the yard.

4 comments:

La said...

Fireflies are the coolest. I love them. I wish we had them here. My kids would go crazy for them. My favorite baby bug spray stuff is Burt's Bees lotion. It works well and is easy to apply to all of their little chubby rolls. Have you tried fogging your yard? We usually do that up at the cabin and it works for a few days and then time to do it again.
Will you email me the dates you guys are coming out here?

Herways Go West said...

Oh those hot, muggy, Eastern summers. Looks like it has hit you guys full force.
Nice picture of the family. Who is your private photographer? She is great! ha.ha. But really it did turn out good, even of the kids! yipee.
Lara, I KNOW the dates, b/c I'm hoping that's when we are coming out (Sept 16-21)...still waiting to hear if those dates will be good for the Herway gathering as well. Patience, patience.

Nicole said...

What great summer memories! I am still bending over and pushing Aly in Annika's old tricycle hoping I can make it to the end of the summer without buying something like what you have. We'll see if I make it... It would be so neat to sit outside watching fireflies! I have enjoyed catching up on your blog. Your kids are SO cute! It sounds like you have had a lot of fun adventures over the past few months!

nd said...

come to our pool! we'd love to have you!
noelle

Blog Archive

Contributors