Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Melanie Scissorhands

Jake finally let me cut his hair. Do I have experience cutting guys hair?...no. So he had reason to be apprehensive. But I think for my first time I did a pretty dang good job. He's a picky one too. On top of that I did a lot of hedge/bush trimming. I really felt like Edward Scissorhands. Jake had this past week off of school, and he spent all day in the yard...poor guy. We all spent the day out in the heat weeding, picking up sticks, you name it, it's all done. Even Rachel was a great helper, and Tommy...he took a nice long nap :)
We did however make it to Chuck E. Cheese. It's not the best picture (she didn't want to take time to smile at the camera) but I wanted to point out her "jewelry." I told her we were going to a "fun place" and she immediately got ready. She likes to put it on from time to time but it never stays on, except for good ol' Chuck. She must have felt that going to a "fun place" was pretty special. My favorite part of the evening was when she looked up at me and says, "I want to run like a race" I said, "okay" and she proceeds to put her arms up in jogging position and then takes a lap around the entire place.and once again...slept through it all.

I love it!

10 comments:

Kristen said...

Love it! I just cut Ry's hair for the first time on Saturday as well, and I was pretty proud of how it turned out as well. Plus it is saving us so much money. I can't believe how much a mans haircut costs down here! Did you get your hair cut too or is it just pulled back? Love the updates.

Melissa said...

Great job cutting his hair; looks good!

We went to Chuck E Cheese around Dylan's birthday and had a great time.

Maria said...

Looks good! Dave got sick of me cutting his hair so he does it himself now. Not hard when its a buzz cut all round. Did you cut your hair? You all look great!

La said...

The hair and the yard look great. We need to get to work on our yard this weekend. I think my pumpkins are being strangled by weeds.

I enjoy all of Rach's little adlibs. She is such a funny kid. And I love your cute sleepy little boy.

Anonymous said...

Swell job mel. You give Edward a run for his money. That's so cute that Rachel got dressed up to do something fun. Sounds like she has a lot of grandpa in her...a love for "marshtapillows" and running.

Herways Go West said...

I'm here to attest that your yard looks stunning...and so does Jake's haircut, and so does your haircut! We are having a blast, aren't we? Everyone, be jealous!

natalie said...

Noel won't let me cut his hair either. I think you did a great job. Have you seen the chuck e. cheese string cheese at the grocery store? There are coupons on the back for free tickets. hurray. You might have to go back. :)

akdoxey said...

I'm catching up on some blogs. Tommy is absolutely adorable and Rachel is such a big girl! I love the pictures of you two making Rice Krispies- what priceless memories. Glad to see you guys are doing well.

Jodi said...

Looks good. I have been cutting Mikes hair since we were married. Your kids are so adorable.

popteacher said...

Hi guys!! Love ya!! Love your blog and the new addition fits perfect.

He's a doll and well worth keeping!!Keep us posted. Love, Grandpa Earl and Gtandma Linda.

Blog Archive

Contributors