Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A wonderful blessing!!

For those of you who don't know yet, Jake has just accepted an offer for a different job. Still at Wachovia, so we'll still be here in Charlotte for a while, but a much better fit!!! He'll be working with the International Credit group. I'm not exactly sure what that means or what he'll be doing but I really think he'll be a lot happier here. They keep pretty busy and they have standard, reasonable hours. So no more being bored one day and then working till midnight and weekends the next. It's been a crazy road, but the Lord truly knows what's best for us. We're not sure when he starts but it'll be in the next couple of weeks. I'm really proud of Jake too...there were quite a few applicants for the job!

8 comments:

natalie said...

Congrats! That is exciting. I hope all goes well in the transition.

Kristen said...

That is so good, for both of you. I was just wondering how the whole job thing was treating you today so I am glad you updated. Love ya!

La said...

What a relief. (sigh) Jake you totally deserve it. Any company/group would be lucky to have you. Dan always says that Jake is one of the smartest people he knows. I hope this turns out to be a much better fit for family life. :)

Colie said...

Wahoo! When Mom got the message about the job on the phone she started doing a little victory dance in the chair. Dad and I almost did a victory dance of our own when she passed on the news. Jake's one of the most hard-working, honest people I know. I'm so happy for your family!

The Layman Family said...

I'm so glad to hear that!! We're been praying for you guys, and hoping you'd be staying here in Charlotte!

Brooke said...

Yay for 8-5 jobs...they are the best!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Herways Go West said...

The Herways of the South get to keep their unique title. Yahoo. We like Charlotte and hope you stay a long time!

Blog Archive

Contributors