Wednesday, May 9, 2007

What's new?

This site could be dedicated to Rachel, but we'll give you an update on us as well. Jake has been getting busier at work, which has been good for him. A couple weeks ago he baptized a friend of his from work that he met a year ago in his training group at Wachovia. It's been a fun and strengthening experience! As for me, I'm keeping busy with Rachel. When she started crawling and cruising I went from cleaning up all day to just once at the end of the day...now, maybe once a week, if I'm lucky. And, I still can't find time to do much else, but there's nothing else I'd rather be doing. Also, I just made the big entrepreneural leap into starting my own dance program. I've got 4 students signed up so far ready to start taking dance class in June. It's kind of scary, but I'm REALLY excited.

6 comments:

La said...

Mel, I am so proud of you!!!! This blog totally rocks. It makes my heart swell to see you guys so happy and thriving in Charlotte. I honestly had tears in my eyes, we miss you guys so much. I don't even feel bad about pushing you to start a blog. :)
Rach is so cute. I can't wait to see you guys. Her and Scarlet are going to have a blast. Scarlet is also crazy about dancing. I have never seen a kid shake it quite like her. Good luck with the dance program. Any kid would be lucky to have you as a teacher.

Kristen said...

I am so glad you started up a blog too! Maybe you will keep me motivated and I will update mine more often now. Love ya.

nataliep said...

I'm glad you guys have a blog now. Rachel is so cute. I love the pictures... esp the one of her pushing the stroller!
So congrats on starting your own dance company! That is exciting. Did you get a copy of Suzanne's songs on CD? If not, ask nicole to make you a copy. Let us know how it goes.

Jess and Matt said...

I am so glad that you started a blog! Rachel is such a sweetie...SO CUTE! We miss you guys. We have a blog too and it's so fun to put up pictures and such. I love keeping updated on all of our friends. Good luck with the dancing, I am sure you will do GREAT! lOVE YOU GUYS!

Brooke said...

Hey Melanie-

Brooke Bigelow here, I found your blog from the Woods'. Rachel is the most adorable little girl! I can't believe how big she is! Our little guy is 10 months now, and getting into everything (just the beginning stages I guess). You can see pictures of him on our "shrine to Tyler" website:)
http://www.bandbbigs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Melanie. It's Suzanne Hart from the old BYU 141st Ward. I found your blog through the Bigelow's. I can't believe how big Rachel is now. WOW. So cute! Check out my blog at www.thehart-family.blogspot.com

Blog Archive

Contributors