Sunday, November 30, 2014

Flower Carpet

This happens in Brussels over one weekend, every other year!!!  We did not plan it, we were surprised to learn that it was happening the same time we were in town.  We felt enormously lucky.  It is something I always thought would be neat to see, but never thought it to be a real possibility.  I was ecstatic about it!  I went down three different times.  I apologize that this post has lots of pictures of the same thing (and is really only a fraction of the whole collection) but it was just so cool.
The first night Anita and I went to check it out and we discovered they did a light show synced with a Turkish song.  Very magical!




And then early again the next morning, to beat the crowds and get more pictures



One entire side of the Grand Place was under construction (as you can see there on the very left) They covered it with a picture of what the building is supposed to look like :(





I'm usually not too afraid of heights, but this did make me a little nervous.  It was the place for a perfect shot though
Can you see us?

We paid to get into the museum to get a more aerial view.  I love all the umbrellas!
Seriously, all those flowers and pedals (I believe they were all begonias) just amazing!!!!
And inside a cafe to get a little hot chocolate to warm up...it was freezing

3 comments:

Herways Go West said...

the flower carpet really is magical. Can't even imagine how much so until you see it for yourself. Love the umbrella shot by the way. Glad you went 3 times! (Now come for the light/sound show at Christmas and you will have done it all!)

natalie said...

FABULOUS PICTURES!! I love how you were willing to do anything for the right shot. Worth it. Well done.

DCAja said...

https://www.tokopedia.com/zippozi/zippo-tristan-eaton-49393-white-matte-540-color-original-made-in-usa

Blog Archive

Contributors