Sunday, June 16, 2013

90th Birthday Celebration

We got to spend the evening before the big birthday with "Grandma Grape" at her house for a BBQ dinner
 Isa and Kate playing dollhouse
Reunited
I was told that she didn't want to feel old with turning 90 so she spent that week staining her fence.  She's amazing.  
Cute boys
 
 Cute babies and a cute momma

Super jet lagged overtired girl.  Her ability to fight sleep is pretty incredible.  She is not sleeping, but should be.  Even after putting her in her crib that night at 10:00 she continued to talk and sing to herself for a half an hour in the dark.  One thing she said that was really cute, "Rachel?  You sleeping?  I'm sleeping too!"
Show off talent time

 Zane can carry Jake...pretty impressive!
 And Steve can crawl through a tunnel of kids :)
Our hotel.  I'm not sure how many of us there were staying there.  But 4 of Grandma's 5 children, each with their entire families, were able to be there.
After what I thought were super quick and easy family pictures on Saturday, it was party time at Grandma's church.  There was pizza and cake, we watched a great video of her telling the story of her life, and did lots of dancing.

I just love her
Name tag happy
Boot scootin' boogie...and Grandma's right in there with us.  She is just the greatest!

 These kids love dancing and Katelyn does not hold back, she really gets into it.
On Sunday there was a picnic, a tour of Grandma's life...her house, her dance studio, etc. and another very delicious BBQ.


The event was topped off with a wonderful fireside at her church.  It was so wonderful to spend time with her and get to know he so much better.  She is truly a remarkable lady, and I hope to be one day as great as her!






























3 comments:

Amy said...

It all looks so fun! I love being with family...it is the best! I can't believe so many of you stayed at the same hotel that you were recognized on the marquee. Awesome! Jake's grandma seems amazing for 90!

Herways Go West said...

I kind of think I'll just copy and paste your post onto mine! What a great job you did writing and remembering and getting the great feeling of how it all was. I am a bit behind so can I just copy yours?

La said...

Oh I love that you really captured the birthday party weekend. I am jealous. I wish I would have. I love you guys!

Blog Archive

Contributors