Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mother's day weekend

We were super lucky to have some of our good friends from Charlotte come visit us for a weekend.  They found an amazing deal on a round trip flight from Ohio.  They were able to get their family of 5 here for under $200.  Simply amazing!

Dylan and Rachel remember each other and played fabulously together.  It was crazy taking these kids around Princeton.  They were so excited to be together and they had tons of energy.

Kate and Natalie
One night we were able to get a couple brave babysitters to tackle 6 kids and we did a date night in the city.  It was so fun to reconnect with Melissa.  I wish we could live near each other again. 
We walked over the Brooklyn Bridge at just the right time.  There was such a beautiful sunset.  And check out the World Trade Tower.  They just put the spire on top the previous day (did you know that Melissa?) and it now stands as the tallest building in the United States...3rd in the world.  After the Brooklyn Bridge we made our way to Serendipity to enjoy frozen hot chocolate...loooooove it!
 We had a little sentimental deja vu :)
This was us 7 years ago when Jake was doing his summer internship and I was pregnant with Rachel
While they went to the city as a family Jake took Tommy to the Father and Son's camp out with our church and we had our annual Girl's Night In with pizza, a movie, popcorn, and lots of candy.   
 I had a FABULOUS Mother's Day this year.  My family treated me so well.  The kids were all such great helpers with preparing the meals.

 My "M" pancake
 I felt like royalty with this breakfast.  Jake really outdid himself.  Pancakes with lots of fruit, homemade syrup and homemade whipped cream.  Impressive right?  It was amazing!
 I couldn't be more grateful for these adorable kids!
 Husking corn
 Peeling potatoes
 Making limeade...aren't they the best!
 Shish ka bobs with corn on the cob and sweet potato casserole...I was in heaven.  It all tasted so good.  I love this guy! 
 And here's just a couple random shots.  Last night we planned to go camping.  There was 0% chance of rain all week and even that day, but it was raining anyway.  (Gotta love East Coast weather predictions!)  So we did indoor camping, which the kids seemed to like just as much.
 And today Rachel made this beautiful fruit bouquet.  What a beautiful girl!


8 comments:

Kristen said...

Mel, you are gorgeous! Seriously you haven't aged at all in 7 years...I really had to look hard and double check to make sure that was 7 years ago! Miss you guys!

Melissa said...

Such a fun weekend! I'll have to send you my pictures soon. I love that one of the sunset you posted. Great shot! Not the most flattering picture of me next to the Statue of Liberty (weird angle and I look pregnant which I'm not and you are 20+ weeks and don't look it at all lol)

Thanks again for hosting us. I seriously can't wait to visit again.

Maria said...

Holy smokes you guys haven't aged. I can't tell which pic is which!!

Heidi said...

So your stuff doesn't show up in my reader anymore! I'm so behind! What a great Mother's Day, love all these pictures!

Herways Go West said...

I think you guys are in line for most visitors....coronado kids might argue. seems you always have guests and are doing fun stuff.
looks like mothers day was fabulous. you have a great family to spoil you

Amy said...

Rachie's so cute with her fruit bouquet. It sounds like you were well taken care of! Love that! I'm glad you had friends over too and were able to make it into the city kid-free. Having visitors is the best. Hopeful it will be me someday!

Mrs. Forrest said...

Your Brooklyn Bridge pictures are amazing! That sunset! I can't believe the spire is up.

La said...

I think Mother's Day gets better and batter. Mel, you are a terrific mom and totally deserve to be spoiled.

Blog Archive

Contributors