Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tommy is 1

His birthday was this past Monday. Holy cow, hard to believe. Where did that year go? Daddy was able to get off work early that day so we had a "pool party"It didn't take Tommy long to discover how much he loved his bear banana cake. That was honestly the funniest thing, to watch him digging in and his constant "mmmmmmm" the entire time.What's birthday cake without icecream...and what's cookie dough ice cream without the cookie dough...well just ask Rachie.He did this and then pointed to himself like, "Is this for me?" in total disbelief.
A little bit about my birthday boy:
  • He's testing his balance these days and I have yet to capture it, but it looks like he's on a roller coaster ride
  • He loves windows and grunting at dogs
  • He says "hm hm aa aa" when we turn on Curious George in the morning
  • His favorite place is the fireplace
  • Everything is a phone
  • He makes sure to wave bye-bye every time he leaves a room
  • He still hates orange veggies
  • His language literally sounds like the Tazmanian Devil
  • He loves to head bang every time he hears any kind of music
  • He loves to be upside down
  • He loves his blankie and won't go to sleep without it. I've gotten in trouble a couple of times when I've put it in the wash.

7 comments:

La said...

Oh. Happy Birthday Tommy. He is one? I can't believe it. They grow up way to fast.

Gregg and Jaclyn said...

Happy Birthday Tommy! Awesome cake too.

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens, I love that boy! He's growing up too fast. I love how you just let him dig into that cake, which was so cute. He is a cute little chunky monkey that one. That's awesome that you got to have a pool party, I can only dream of that kind of weather right now.

natalie said...

Happy birthday Tommy boy! Great job on the cake. I'm glad you gave him the whole thing. You're such a good mom. :)
Looks like he had a fun day.

Herways Go West said...

Yea Tommy! Happy birthday. So glad the pool is still in functioning mode at least for the time being!

Eryn said...

Happy Birthday Tommy! It was fun to see you when you were in town, but I'm sad i didn't get to see your kids or have our kids play together. Next time.

Heidi said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tommy! Did you make that cake Mel?! I'm impressed. Looks like Tommy had a GREAT birthday!

Blog Archive

Contributors